Outlook Nuisance

robin

Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
Any suggestions.
Thanks

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

right click My computer, expand the C:drive by clicking the + sign next to
it, expand Documents and Settings, expand your log in name, there should be a
folder that says start up, open the programs folder and delete Outlook. If
the start up folder is not visible click tools at the top of the screen and
select folder optins, the select view, then check show hidden files and
folders and look again. Also, check start, all programs and locate the start
up folder there and see if outlook is listed and delete as well. Good luck.
Let me know how it worked.
--
Don Kendrick

"Robin" wrote:

> Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks

robin

Hi guys,
Thanks for ur help. Did exctly as Unrepper explained. There was a link to
outlookexpress in the start up menu. Deleted that but all remains the same.
Restarted, switched off, it still comes.
P.S I am a novice, detailed instructions do help!
Thanks again

"Unrepper" wrote:

> right click My computer, expand the C:drive by clicking the + sign next to
> it, expand Documents and Settings, expand your log in name, there should be a
> folder that says start up, open the programs folder and delete Outlook. If
> the start up folder is not visible click tools at the top of the screen and
> select folder optins, the select view, then check show hidden files and
> folders and look again. Also, check start, all programs and locate the start
> up folder there and see if outlook is listed and delete as well. Good luck.
> Let me know how it worked.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Robin" wrote:
>
> > Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> > I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> > main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> > shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> > options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> > the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> > Any suggestions.
> > Thanks

robin

Hi again, opened 'msconfig' , lot of stuff in there cant understand. But
surely deleted the shortcut from start uo menus.
Thanks

"Robin" wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Thanks for ur help. Did exctly as Unrepper explained. There was a link to
> outlookexpress in the start up menu. Deleted that but all remains the same.
> Restarted, switched off, it still comes.
> P.S I am a novice, detailed instructions do help!
> Thanks again
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>
> > right click My computer, expand the C:drive by clicking the + sign next to
> > it, expand Documents and Settings, expand your log in name, there should be a
> > folder that says start up, open the programs folder and delete Outlook. If
> > the start up folder is not visible click tools at the top of the screen and
> > select folder optins, the select view, then check show hidden files and
> > folders and look again. Also, check start, all programs and locate the start
> > up folder there and see if outlook is listed and delete as well. Good luck.
> > Let me know how it worked.
> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >

> > "Robin" wrote:
> >
> > > Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> > > I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> > > main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> > > shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> > > options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> > > the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> > > Any suggestions.
> > > Thanks

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

One more shot at it.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;192852
--
Don Kendrick

"Robin" wrote:

> Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Sorry I should have read the whole article. I did however find this site
maybe you'll find your answer.

http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2446840,00.html
--
Don Kendrick

"Robin" wrote:

> Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks

robin

Thanks Don and Gordon. I have tried everything now. Even uninstall and
reinstall the outlook express as per
http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2446840,00.html.
Just one thing the page that opens on its own says outlook and not outlook
express and has got microsoft office xp logo and name written on the box
which appears initially along with licece etc etc.
Is this diffrent??

"Unrepper" wrote:

> Sorry I should have read the whole article. I did however find this site
> maybe you'll find your answer.
>
> http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2446840,00.html
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Robin" wrote:
>
> > Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> > I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> > main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> > shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> > options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> > the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> > Any suggestions.
> > Thanks

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Yes it does it was installed as an Office package to remove it you need to
insert the office XP CD and look for an add/remove programs.
--
Don Kendrick

"Robin" wrote:

> Thanks Don and Gordon. I have tried everything now. Even uninstall and
> reinstall the outlook express as per
> http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2446840,00.html.
> Just one thing the page that opens on its own says outlook and not outlook
> express and has got microsoft office xp logo and name written on the box
> which appears initially along with licece etc etc.
> Is this diffrent??
>
> "Unrepper" wrote:
>
> > Sorry I should have read the whole article. I did however find this site
> > maybe you'll find your answer.
> >
> > http://xtra.co.nz/help/0,,5721-2446840,00.html
> > --
> > Don Kendrick
> >

> > "Robin" wrote:
> >
> > > Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows. Recently
> > > I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as the
> > > main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> > > shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> > > options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc. on
> > > the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use outlook!
> > > Any suggestions.
> > > Thanks

Gordon

"Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows.
> Recently
> I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as
> the
> main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc.
> on
> the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use
> outlook!
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks

Have you removed any shortcut from your Startup folder?

robin

Hi, Do u mean the main start menu ? Yes I have, only place it exsits is in my
programme list.
Thanks

"Gordon" wrote:

> "Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows.
> > Recently
> > I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as
> > the
> > main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> > shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> > options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc.
> > on
> > the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use
> > outlook!
> > Any suggestions.
> > Thanks
>
> Have you removed any shortcut from your Startup folder?

"Robin" <Robin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Helooo... I have a XP home and regularly allow updates from windows.
> Recently
> I am having problems with my outlook, it opens up on its own as soon as
> the
> main screen of xp appears. I have tried to get rid os it by removing all
> shortcuts and removing it as my preffered mail server from tools- internet
> options, it still comes up with everything else like my msn messenger etc.
> on
> the screen. I have to close it to proceed any further. I hardly use
> outlook!
> Any suggestions.
> Thanks

Outlook? Or Outlook Express? They are different programs, and they have
their own newsgroups.

> Hi, Do u mean the main start menu ? Yes I have, only place it exsits is in
> my
> programme list.
> Thanks

No I don't - there's a Startup folder which is NOT the icon on your main
menu. Right-click on the Start button, choose "Open" and in the Programs
Folder there should be a folder called "Startup". Have a look there.
If that fails, go to Start-Run and type in "msconfig" (without the quotes)
and see if it's listed there as a start-up feature.

> Hi again, opened 'msconfig' , lot of stuff in there cant understand.

Run msconfig again, and look on the "Startup" tab for an entry for
Outlook.exe