NIC deleting in the Registry

July 11, 2005 7:02:02 PM

Hi!

Please, give me some advice, if there is some, how to delete an uninstalled
NIC and it's entries from the Registry, as the NIC has already been
uninstalled but is still noted there and do not accept deleting any of the
several entries relating to itself ..., so, which key first and which then
a.s.o., in this case on the CCS1 ...

Best regards,

Pete V.

More about : nic deleting registry

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:17:47 AM

"PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
>
> Please, give me some advice, if there is some, how to delete an
> uninstalled
> NIC and it's entries from the Registry, as the NIC has already been
> uninstalled but is still noted there and do not accept deleting any of the
> several entries relating to itself ..., so, which key first and which then
> a.s.o., in this case on the CCS1 ...
>

> Best regards,
>
> Pete V.

Why didn't you just disable it?
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:31:01 PM

Hi!

Thank you Alan for your reply.

Yes, I have been disabling the NIC, but still the question, how to get it
completely deleted out of the system, i.e. from the Device Manager and the
Registry etc.

I have successfully (OK, OK, some times needed to go back to a previous
Restore Point ...) deleting hundreds and hundreds of unnecessary keys/values
from the Registry and of course would like to get rid also of this one, which
will not anymore ever have any role on my machine ...

The deleting of it from the Device Manager is leading to an Error something
like "Can't be deleted, because may be needed at boot-up" (sorry my OS is a
different language version), and the same type of error also upon a delete
trial of some of the relating keys from the Registry. These same deletion
denials appear also in Safe Mode, so I haven't been finding any way to solve
this.

So, are these keys somehow locked and should these deletions maybe be made
on a second and not active Windows disk from the System sub-hives or what
would be the best solution for it? And of course, which are the "key"
entries/keys to concentrate on amongst the "jungle" of hundreds
unnecessary/unused entries related to these, and on which CCS's a.s.o.?

Any way-leading advice on this much appreciated.

Best regards,

Pete V.

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > Please, give me some advice, if there is some, how to delete an
> > uninstalled
> > NIC and it's entries from the Registry, as the NIC has already been
> > uninstalled but is still noted there and do not accept deleting any of the
> > several entries relating to itself ..., so, which key first and which then
> > a.s.o., in this case on the CCS1 ...
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Pete V.
> >

> Why didn't you just disable it?

July 14, 2005 3:58:05 AM

Can you please follow the flow of conversation, not jump from bottom to top
posting to make the thread capable of being followed?

> Pete V.
>

> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

>> "PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi!
>> >
>> > Please, give me some advice, if there is some, how to delete an
>> > uninstalled
>> > NIC and it's entries from the Registry, as the NIC has already been
>> > uninstalled but is still noted there and do not accept deleting any of
>> > the
>> > several entries relating to itself ..., so, which key first and which
>> > then
>> > a.s.o., in this case on the CCS1 ...
>> >

>> > Best regards,
>> >
>> > Pete V.
>> >

>> Why didn't you just disable it?

Hi!

> Thank you Alan for your reply.
>
> Yes, I have been disabling the NIC, but still the question, how to get it
> completely deleted out of the system, i.e. from the Device Manager and the
> Registry etc.
>
> I have successfully (OK, OK, some times needed to go back to a previous
> Restore Point ...) deleting hundreds and hundreds of unnecessary
> keys/values
> from the Registry and of course would like to get rid also of this one,
> which
> will not anymore ever have any role on my machine ...
>
> The deleting of it from the Device Manager is leading to an Error
> something
> like "Can't be deleted, because may be needed at boot-up" (sorry my OS is
> different language version), and the same type of error also upon a delete
> trial of some of the relating keys from the Registry. These same deletion
> denials appear also in Safe Mode, so I haven't been finding any way to
> solve
> this.
>
> So, are these keys somehow locked and should these deletions maybe be made
> on a second and not active Windows disk from the System sub-hives or what
> would be the best solution for it? And of course, which are the "key"
> entries/keys to concentrate on amongst the "jungle" of hundreds
> unnecessary/unused entries related to these, and on which CCS's a.s.o.?
>

> Any way-leading advice on this much appreciated.
>

> Best regards,

A quick one- is this built onto the motherboard? Disable in the BIOS?

And please follow the order of posting if replying. Jumping top to bottom to
top makes the tread harder to follow and discourages participation from many
people.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:50:02 AM

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> Can you please follow the flow of conversation, not jump from bottom to top
> posting to make the thread capable of being followed?
> "PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> > Pete V.
> >

> > "Alan Smith" wrote:
> >

> >> "PeteV" <PeteV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Why didn't you just disable it?
> >>

> Hi!
> >
> > Thank you Alan for your reply.
> >
> > Yes, I have been disabling the NIC, but still the question, how to get it
> > completely deleted out of the system, i.e. from the Device Manager and the
> > Registry etc.
> >
> > I have successfully (OK, OK, some times needed to go back to a previous
> > Restore Point ...) deleting hundreds and hundreds of unnecessary
> > keys/values
> > from the Registry and of course would like to get rid also of this one,
> > which
> > will not anymore ever have any role on my machine ...
> >
> > The deleting of it from the Device Manager is leading to an Error
> > something
> > like "Can't be deleted, because may be needed at boot-up" (sorry my OS is
> > different language version), and the same type of error also upon a delete
> > trial of some of the relating keys from the Registry. These same deletion
> > denials appear also in Safe Mode, so I haven't been finding any way to
> > solve
> > this.
> >
> > So, are these keys somehow locked and should these deletions maybe be made
> > on a second and not active Windows disk from the System sub-hives or what
> > would be the best solution for it? And of course, which are the "key"
> > entries/keys to concentrate on amongst the "jungle" of hundreds
> > unnecessary/unused entries related to these, and on which CCS's a.s.o.?
> >

> > Any way-leading advice on this much appreciated.
> >

> > Best regards,
>
> A quick one- is this built onto the motherboard? Disable in the BIOS?
>
> And please follow the order of posting if replying. Jumping top to bottom to
> top makes the tread harder to follow and discourages participation from many
> people.

Hi!

Thanks for the reply.

OK, sorry, I haven't been paying too much attention where on my reply I have
got the beginning point ... so, should I begin the reply up there where the
cursor is ready set when the reply window opened, or down here where I now
have been moving to?? The "mechanism" with these forum posts have seemed
somehow confusing ...

Yes, this NIC has not been a mobo fixed one, just a regular PCI NIC one.

Best regards,

Pete V.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 10:09:02 AM

Hi!

Sorry, Alan ...

I checked several threads and came to the conclusion of a "down-top"
mechanism on these threads by design, the reply comes automatically up as
first one and the previous posts do get all one step down with one more ">"
sign.

Of course, there is several threads with all mixed behaviours, but the above
one seems most used and natural by design, I think ...

Best regards,

Pete V.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:58:02 PM

Hi!

OK, still coming back to this side topic of the "top-down" "down-top" orders
or whatever they should be called ...

On these MS Forums, with the tiny side reading window only, the preferred
order seems to be "newest top, oldest down" somehow by design, and I also
have been accustomed to it, even mainly preferring the opposite order ...

But, on numerous other Forums, with the whole screen reading window, I'm
usually satisfied with the default order, mainly "oldest top, newest down"
and on some "newest top, oldest down", and, if there is a possibility, I may
change the order sometimes for a while for "quick glance" purposes.

Best regards,

Pete V.
!