Sign in with
Your question

Good and cheap gaming labtop?

Tags:
December 12, 2012 5:01:56 PM

Hello,

Iam from Uk, big fan of FPS, games such like black ops2, battlefield 3, crysis etc. Planning to buy labtop for gamming purposes and do a little bit video editing and animation. Christmas sales would be coming by the end of this month, and Iam planning to buy labtop during that time. I know it is hard to find a good labtop which is cheap, and thats what brought me to the forums. I have had a look at various gaming labtop, but the prices are comapartively to expensive for me. Dont know If Iam looking at the right places.

here are some sites.

http://www.infobarrel.com/Top_3_Best_Cheap_Gaming_Lapto...

http://computers.toptenreviews.com/gaming-laptops/

I very much want to play black ops 2 and fifa 13 on my labtop. Not sure what system specs are to play those games. I look forward to hear for you response. I have filled out the form below not sure if it of any help but happy reading. :) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. What is your budget?

400- 700 quid

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

I assume 15 - 17 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want?

not sure what is recommended for gamming

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

dont know what that means? :p 

5. How much battery life do you need?
Tbh, 2-3 hrs would be good. I would only be using this at home.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop?
If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

Obviously I want to play black ops 2 and I like playing fifa 13 as well. :) 
I would recommend medium to high settings

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
video editing, 3d animation in maya.

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
not sure what is recommended.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. -

someone suggested I should go for dell.com, amazon and ebay not sure if Iam looking at the right place.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
3-4 years i guess

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
Ive read few articles here and there they suggest Id get Bluray, im not fussed

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
bir

No preferred brands

13. What country do you live in?
Atm Im in UK, will be moving soon to another country.

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
the place Im gonna be moving in is a bit hot, i dont wanna labtop heating up i suppose.

----------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks
!