Documents (.doc) are not seen by XPPro

Recently I've encountered a problem in XPPro when trying to open
Word.doc files. Every time I click on a .doc file in Outlook
emails and in Explore window, I get the following dialog
message:

The system can not file the specified file. When I click on a
file with a .doc extension in Explore window, Word opens up but
without the selected .doc.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ti
3 answers Last reply
More about documents xppro

    Hi Ti,

    Thank you for your posting!

    I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office engineer will
    respond. Please check his answer there, and if you need any further
    assistance on this particular issue please reply to him in that thread so
    he can follow up with you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
    question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your
    question more efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is
    appreciated.

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in

    > Hi Ti,
    >
    > Thank you for your posting!
    >
    > I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    > microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
    > engineer will respond. Please check his answer there, and
    > if you need any further assistance on this particular issue
    > please reply to him in that thread so he can follow up with
    > you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
    > question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our
    > engineers work on your question more efficiently. Your
    > understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
    >
    > Have a nice day!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    > Tom Che

    I appreciate posting in the appropriate thread. However, the
    steps I received I already was already familiar with. The
    problem appeared to be Word related at the start, but now
    appears Windows XP / Explorer related. And, that's the reason
    for my cross posting in hopes of finding someone with a
    different solution.

    Although I am not an expert as many are here, I am surely not a
    novice.

    Hi Ti,

    Thank you for your update.

    I do understand that you want to get the solution as soon as possible, but
    please understand, another Microsoft engineer is working on your issue in
    microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, you may check his answer there, and
    if you need any further assistance on this particular issue please reply to
    him in that thread so he can follow up with you. This will help our
    engineers work on your question more efficiently. I also believe he will
    do his best to help you resolve this issue, he will provide necessary
    resolution including Office and Windows XP.

    Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

    Have a nice day!

    Sincerely,
    Tom Che
    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------
    >Subject: RE: Documents (.doc) are not seen by XPPro
    >From: Titanl9 <nospam@nospam.com>
    >Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
    >Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:20:07 -0700
    >
    >v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in
    >
    >> Hi Ti,
    >>
    >> Thank you for your posting!
    >>
    >> I notice that you have posted the same question in our
    >> microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
    >> engineer will respond. Please check his answer there, and
    >> if you need any further assistance on this particular issue
    >> please reply to him in that thread so he can follow up with
    >> you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
    >> question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our
    >> engineers work on your question more efficiently. Your
    >> understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
    >>
    >> Have a nice day!
    >>
    >> Sincerely,
    >> Tom Che
    >
    >I appreciate posting in the appropriate thread. However, the
    >steps I received I already was already familiar with. The
    >problem appeared to be Word related at the start, but now
    >appears Windows XP / Explorer related. And, that's the reason
    >for my cross posting in hopes of finding someone with a
    >different solution.
    >
    >Although I am not an expert as many are here, I am surely not a
    >novice.

Microsoft Windows XP