Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Documents (.doc) are not seen by XPPro

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
July 11, 2005 7:22:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Recently I've encountered a problem in XPPro when trying to open
Word.doc files. Every time I click on a .doc file in Outlook
emails and in Explore window, I get the following dialog
message:

The system can not file the specified file. When I click on a
file with a .doc extension in Explore window, Word opens up but
without the selected .doc.

Any ideas?

Thanks for the help in advance.
Ti

More about : documents doc xppro

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 5:51:41 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Ti,

Thank you for your posting!

I notice that you have posted the same question in our
microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office engineer will
respond. Please check his answer there, and if you need any further
assistance on this particular issue please reply to him in that thread so
he can follow up with you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our engineers work on your
question more efficiently. Your understanding and cooperation is
appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Tom Che
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

=====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
>Subject: Documents (.doc) are not seen by XPPro
>From: Titanl9 <nospam@nospam.com>
>Message-ID: <Xns96909C573358ETitanLnine@207.46.248.16>
>User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25
>X-No-Archive: yes
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 15:22:08 -0700
>NNTP-Posting-Host: c-24-127-73-98.hsd1.ca.comcast.net 24.127.73.98
>Lines: 1
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:161024
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>
>Recently I've encountered a problem in XPPro when trying to open
>Word.doc files. Every time I click on a .doc file in Outlook
>emails and in Explore window, I get the following dialog
>message:
>
>The system can not file the specified file. When I click on a
>file with a .doc extension in Explore window, Word opens up but
>without the selected .doc.
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Thanks for the help in advance.
>Ti
>
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 3:20:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in
news:5$1jCRohFHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl:

> Hi Ti,
>
> Thank you for your posting!
>
> I notice that you have posted the same question in our
> microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
> engineer will respond. Please check his answer there, and
> if you need any further assistance on this particular issue
> please reply to him in that thread so he can follow up with
> you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
> question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our
> engineers work on your question more efficiently. Your
> understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
>
> Have a nice day!
>
> Sincerely,
> Tom Che

I appreciate posting in the appropriate thread. However, the
steps I received I already was already familiar with. The
problem appeared to be Word related at the start, but now
appears Windows XP / Explorer related. And, that's the reason
for my cross posting in hopes of finding someone with a
different solution.

Although I am not an expert as many are here, I am surely not a
novice.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:13:50 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?)

Hi Ti,

Thank you for your update.

I do understand that you want to get the solution as soon as possible, but
please understand, another Microsoft engineer is working on your issue in
microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, you may check his answer there, and
if you need any further assistance on this particular issue please reply to
him in that thread so he can follow up with you. This will help our
engineers work on your question more efficiently. I also believe he will
do his best to help you resolve this issue, he will provide necessary
resolution including Office and Windows XP.

Your understanding and cooperation is appreciated.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Tom Che
Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security

=====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
=====================================================
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
>Subject: RE: Documents (.doc) are not seen by XPPro
>From: Titanl9 <nospam@nospam.com>
>References: <Xns96909C573358ETitanLnine@207.46.248.16>
<5$1jCRohFHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl>
>Message-ID: <Xns9691734E811C6TitanLnine@207.46.248.16>
>User-Agent: Xnews/5.04.25
>X-No-Archive: yes
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 11:20:07 -0700
>NNTP-Posting-Host: c-24-127-73-98.hsd1.ca.comcast.net 24.127.73.98
>Lines: 1
>Path: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP08.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl
>Xref: TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support:161278
>X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
>
>v-tomche@online.microsoft.com (Tom Che [MSFT]) wrote in
>news:5$1jCRohFHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGXA01.phx.gbl:
>
>> Hi Ti,
>>
>> Thank you for your posting!
>>
>> I notice that you have posted the same question in our
>> microsoft.public.office.misc newsgroup, to which our Office
>> engineer will respond. Please check his answer there, and
>> if you need any further assistance on this particular issue
>> please reply to him in that thread so he can follow up with
>> you. In the future, please don't cross-post the same
>> question in multiple newsgroups. This will help our
>> engineers work on your question more efficiently. Your
>> understanding and cooperation is appreciated.
>>
>> Have a nice day!
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Tom Che
>
>I appreciate posting in the appropriate thread. However, the
>steps I received I already was already familiar with. The
>problem appeared to be Word related at the start, but now
>appears Windows XP / Explorer related. And, that's the reason
>for my cross posting in hopes of finding someone with a
>different solution.
>
>Although I am not an expert as many are here, I am surely not a
>novice.
>
!