Windows update problem

July 11, 2005 8:00:01 PM

I'm trying to do Office XP updates on my 6 PCs that I manage. Most of
them work, but on 2 of them, I'm not getting the "Download Active X"
bar that usually appears near the top. I follow the troubleshooting
instuctions and it says to go to Security-Trusted Sites and add the
office link, but when I enter that, I get an error that says something
like "entries must be https//". The link MS gives me is http, with no
s. I tried with the s anyway and it still doesn't work. I tried the
other suggestion too which is to clear the cache files. The MS site
offers no other help. Anyone know of any tricks?

More about : windows update problem

Anonymous
July 11, 2005 8:51:01 PM

Try opening windows update,then select the option to update office.

"gregf@kcls.org" wrote:

> I'm trying to do Office XP updates on my 6 PCs that I manage. Most of
> them work, but on 2 of them, I'm not getting the "Download Active X"
> bar that usually appears near the top. I follow the troubleshooting
> instuctions and it says to go to Security-Trusted Sites and add the
> office link, but when I enter that, I get an error that says something
> like "entries must be https//". The link MS gives me is http, with no
> s. I tried with the s anyway and it still doesn't work. I tried the
> other suggestion too which is to clear the cache files. The MS site
> offers no other help. Anyone know of any tricks?

July 11, 2005 8:57:44 PM

That is what I've been doing...and from the page it brings up, I then
click on the "Check For Office updates" link. Then I get a page that
that says it's not working because the "download active X control" bar
did not appear.
!