Windows update problem

I'm trying to do Office XP updates on my 6 PCs that I manage. Most of
them work, but on 2 of them, I'm not getting the "Download Active X"
bar that usually appears near the top. I follow the troubleshooting
instuctions and it says to go to Security-Trusted Sites and add the
office link, but when I enter that, I get an error that says something
like "entries must be https//". The link MS gives me is http, with no
s. I tried with the s anyway and it still doesn't work. I tried the
other suggestion too which is to clear the cache files. The MS site
offers no other help. Anyone know of any tricks?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows update problem

    Try opening windows update,then select the option to update office.

    "gregf@kcls.org" wrote:

    > I'm trying to do Office XP updates on my 6 PCs that I manage. Most of
    > them work, but on 2 of them, I'm not getting the "Download Active X"
    > bar that usually appears near the top. I follow the troubleshooting
    > instuctions and it says to go to Security-Trusted Sites and add the
    > office link, but when I enter that, I get an error that says something
    > like "entries must be https//". The link MS gives me is http, with no
    > s. I tried with the s anyway and it still doesn't work. I tried the
    > other suggestion too which is to clear the cache files. The MS site
    > offers no other help. Anyone know of any tricks?

    That is what I've been doing...and from the page it brings up, I then
    click on the "Check For Office updates" link. Then I get a page that
    that says it's not working because the "download active X control" bar
    did not appear.

Windows Update Windows XP