Price check Isle 3 Please

Last response: in Deals
March 21, 2005 7:36:23 AM

I just picked up a Sega Naomi WWF Royal Rumble. It's in a Mortal
Kombat type cab that has 2 coin doors. The cab is freshly painted with
no major imperfections. It also has new T-Molding, joysticks and
buttons. The 25" K7000 standard res monitor works really good with
just about no screen burn. I paid $270 for it on ebay from Betson in
Upper NJ. What's a machine like this worth? They were even kind
enough to ship the machine to a lower tax area so I only paid 3% sales
tax.

Don
NJ

More about : price check isle

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 8:53:26 AM

Hey Don, it's worth $500 bucks if you want to drive it down to philly
for me :)
BTW, Time Soldiers died but Guerilla War is still kicking it. Still
looking for that Rampage board for ya.

BjS
VUKsys3
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 1:41:13 PM

Thanks Steve. This machine has 2 of the Naomi Jamma adapters because
it's set up for 4 players.. Joe, I think Steve is right and I just
cought this on a Fluke. When I picked up the machine, the guy didn't
even know it was a Naomi system but said his boss yelled at him for it
going so cheap.... I'm not looking to sell this machine. It's in too
good of shape. It's going to be one of my keepers for a while along
with my Sharpshooter that also has a board for Judge Dredd in it.

Don
NJ
March 21, 2005 4:57:46 PM

If you bought it off ebay, then it's pretty clear it's worth $270. Why
would you think it's worth any more or any less? No one else on ebay was
willing to pay more or they would have bid. Ebay prices are usually higher
than newsgroup prices, so you won't get more than that here. Ebay prices
are usually higher than live auction prices too. If you're looking for a
profit, you're only chance might to catch someone via an ad in the local
newspaper, but they check ebay too.

Joe
joemagiera@ameritech.net

"Don NJ" <piiifast@optonline.net> wrote in message
>I just picked up a Sega Naomi WWF Royal Rumble. It's in a Mortal
> Kombat type cab that has 2 coin doors. The cab is freshly painted with
> no major imperfections. It also has new T-Molding, joysticks and
> buttons. The 25" K7000 standard res monitor works really good with
> just about no screen burn. I paid $270 for it on ebay from Betson in
> Upper NJ. What's a machine like this worth? They were even kind
> enough to ship the machine to a lower tax area so I only paid 3% sales
> tax.
>
> Don
> NJ
Anonymous
March 21, 2005 7:42:01 PM

Umm.. every once in a while you get something that slips through.

A Plain Naomi board w/out the Jamma connector runs about $100.

A capcom Jamma connector runs about $150 or so... about the same with the
Sega parts (a lot more for the equivalent) except that the Sega parts can
support a GD-Rom without an extra power supply (the one in the Capcom
convert isn't enough).

So... just for the Namoi parts you're at break-even. Add in the Royal
Rumble $50 or so and you've already beaten e-bay prices for 2 min of
stripping... plus you have a fully functional 25" cab for free.

You got a heck of a deal Don.

I believe this one went cheap because Betson didn't list it as a Naomi
system and only advertised it as Royal Rumble so the machine didn't end up
in anyones naomi searches (I would have bid on it if I saw it). If they
mentioned the word Naomi anywhere in their add I would have expected the
machine to hit at least $500.

I never heard of keyword-non-spamming before... seems Betson screwed up
there.

You lucky bastard you!

Best,

steve

"Joe Magiera" <joemagiera@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> If you bought it off ebay, then it's pretty clear it's worth $270. Why
> would you think it's worth any more or any less? No one else on ebay was
> willing to pay more or they would have bid. Ebay prices are usually
> higher than newsgroup prices, so you won't get more than that here. Ebay
> prices are usually higher than live auction prices too. If you're looking
> for a profit, you're only chance might to catch someone via an ad in the
> local newspaper, but they check ebay too.
>
> Joe
> joemagiera@ameritech.net
>
> "Don NJ" <piiifast@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>I just picked up a Sega Naomi WWF Royal Rumble. It's in a Mortal
>> Kombat type cab that has 2 coin doors. The cab is freshly painted with
>> no major imperfections. It also has new T-Molding, joysticks and
>> buttons. The 25" K7000 standard res monitor works really good with
>> just about no screen burn. I paid $270 for it on ebay from Betson in
>> Upper NJ. What's a machine like this worth? They were even kind
>> enough to ship the machine to a lower tax area so I only paid 3% sales
>> tax.
>>
>> Don
>> NJ

Anonymous
March 21, 2005 8:38:51 PM

I wish it had a GD rom. Unfortunaly I spent my last bid of money on
this game so, now I have to sell some stuff to get the GD rom and maybe
upgrade to the high res monitor.

Don
Anonymous
March 22, 2005 1:55:28 AM

Now, if you open it up and there just happens to be GD-ROM hardware in there
you should definately go out and buy every damn lottery ticket you can find!

> Thanks Steve. This machine has 2 of the Naomi Jamma adapters because
> it's set up for 4 players.. Joe, I think Steve is right and I just
> cought this on a Fluke. When I picked up the machine, the guy didn't
> even know it was a Naomi system but said his boss yelled at him for it
> going so cheap.... I'm not looking to sell this machine. It's in too
> good of shape. It's going to be one of my keepers for a while along
> with my Sharpshooter that also has a board for Judge Dredd in it.
>
> Don
> NJ

Anonymous
March 22, 2005 7:47:06 AM

well I'm broke... just blew my whole wad on parts to build a
multi-williams...

damn... you always have good stuff too :)

!