"Time stamp" on Fido prepaid voicemail/voice messaging

Joseph

Distinguished
May 19, 2002

Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

TIA

- -

In message <6e7hf1dkeopb4ecf0jsdd93idkl6loldhq@4ax.com> Joseph
<JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
>can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
>can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
>voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
>deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

I don't know anything about Fido's voicemail, but with many voicemail
systems you can press "5" and get more information after the message.

After listening to a message try hitting zero and see if there are other
options, there might be one for envelop information or message
information or whatever.

--
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never
stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and

Joseph wrote:
> Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
> can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
> can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
> voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
> deposited in the inbox. Any clues?
>
> TIA
>
> - -

The time stamp can be retrieved after listening to the message by
pressing 5. You'll get a message like 'Sent today at 1234 from phone
number 123 456-7890'

Brendan

Joseph wrote:
> Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
> can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
> can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
> voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
> deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

Press 5.

Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling message?
I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press "7" (to delete
a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that key doesn't do
anyting".

cheers!
--
Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
"If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

"Dominic Richens" <knob@storm.ca> wrote in

> Joseph wrote:
>> Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that
>> you can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging
>> deposits? I can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've
>> never used voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a
>> message was deposited in the inbox. Any clues?
>
> Press 5.
>
> Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling
> message? I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press
> "7" (to delete a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that
> key doesn't do anyting".
>
> cheers!

Try pressing 3 twice to go to the end of a message.

In article <1123790043.b67108acaa8d97d1dcb7d73e2f48b91b@teranews>,
Robert Brown <rbrown@softhome.net> wrote:
>"Dominic Richens" <knob@storm.ca> wrote in
>
>> Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling
>> message? I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press
>> "7" (to delete a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that
>> key doesn't do anyting".
>>
>> cheers!
>
>Try pressing 3 twice to go to the end of a message.

7 twice deletes it. But I don't remember ever getting "that key doesn't do anything" when pressing 7 once.
David Gaudine, Systems Analyst, School of Graduate Studies
Concordia University, Montreal davidg@alcor.concordia.ca