"Time stamp" on Fido prepaid voicemail/voice messaging

Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

TIA

- -
6 answers Last reply
More about time stamp fido prepaid voicemail voice messaging

    In message <6e7hf1dkeopb4ecf0jsdd93idkl6loldhq@4ax.com> Joseph
    <JoeOfSeattle@yahoo.com> wrote:

    >Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
    >can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
    >can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
    >voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
    >deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

    I don't know anything about Fido's voicemail, but with many voicemail
    systems you can press "5" and get more information after the message.

    After listening to a message try hitting zero and see if there are other
    options, there might be one for envelop information or message
    information or whatever.

    --
    Our enemies are innovative and resourceful...They never
    stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and

    Joseph wrote:
    > Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
    > can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
    > can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
    > voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
    > deposited in the inbox. Any clues?
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > - -

    The time stamp can be retrieved after listening to the message by
    pressing 5. You'll get a message like 'Sent today at 1234 from phone
    number 123 456-7890'

    Brendan

    Joseph wrote:
    > Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that you
    > can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging deposits? I
    > can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've never used
    > voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a message was
    > deposited in the inbox. Any clues?

    Press 5.

    Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling message?
    I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press "7" (to delete
    a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that key doesn't do
    anyting".

    cheers!
    --
    Dominic Richens | dominic@alumni.uottawa.ca
    "If you're not *outraged*, you're not paying attention!"

    "Dominic Richens" <knob@storm.ca> wrote in

    > Joseph wrote:
    >> Maybe this is an elementary question but is there any setting that
    >> you can make that will put a "time stamp" on voice messaging
    >> deposits? I can't see that there's any setting to change it. I've
    >> never used voicemail that you didn't have some indication of when a
    >> message was deposited in the inbox. Any clues?
    >
    > Press 5.
    >
    > Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling
    > message? I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press
    > "7" (to delete a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that
    > key doesn't do anyting".
    >
    > cheers!

    Try pressing 3 twice to go to the end of a message.

    In article <1123790043.b67108acaa8d97d1dcb7d73e2f48b91b@teranews>,
    Robert Brown <rbrown@softhome.net> wrote:
    >"Dominic Richens" <knob@storm.ca> wrote in
    >
    >> Now, does anyone know how to get it to stop playing a long rambling
    >> message? I tried the usual "#" but it just keeps playing. If I press
    >> "7" (to delete a SPAM message, for instance) it comes back with "that
    >> key doesn't do anyting".
    >>
    >> cheers!
    >
    >Try pressing 3 twice to go to the end of a message.

    7 twice deletes it. But I don't remember ever getting "that key doesn't do anything" when pressing 7 once.
    David Gaudine, Systems Analyst, School of Graduate Studies
    Concordia University, Montreal davidg@alcor.concordia.ca
  6. I just got that problem today and pressing 7 twice does delete it thank people

Fido Messaging Internet Service Providers