Picture Manager Causing (?) Runtime Error

Some help/suggestions appreciated !!
Each time I try to access Microsoft Office Picture Manager (either via the
start menu or by clicking a stored picture), I get a runtime error dialogue
box which says:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error - Program: C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\OIS.EXE - This application has requested
the
runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
support team for more information" .
Up until yesterday, the picture manager worked fine.
Anyone got a clue as to how to correct ??
Already scanned for viruses and spyware/malware...nothing apparent.
Also checked other newsgroups and Q&A's from numerous sites. Although
"runtime errors" seem to be a common problem, no-one has had this specific
issue with Picture Manager.
Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
ter
2 answers Last reply
More about picture manager causing runtime error

    The Office entry in the 'Add or Remove Programs' app has an item for "Detect and repair."

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Ter" <terrye@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:%23sl%23KTohFHA.1444@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...

    > Some help/suggestions appreciated !!
    > Each time I try to access Microsoft Office Picture Manager (either via the
    > start menu or by clicking a stored picture), I get a runtime error dialogue
    > box which says:
    > "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error - Program: C:\Program
    > Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\OIS.EXE - This application has requested the
    > runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's
    > support team for more information" .
    > Up until yesterday, the picture manager worked fine.
    > Anyone got a clue as to how to correct ??
    > Already scanned for viruses and spyware/malware...nothing apparent.
    > Also checked other newsgroups and Q&A's from numerous sites. Although
    > "runtime errors" seem to be a common problem, no-one has had this specific
    > issue with Picture Manager.
    > Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
    > ter

    Took me a while...but I found and ran the Detect/Repair for Office....then
    rebooted.
    No effect...still getting exactly the same error message.
    But thanks for trying Mark !!
    ter

    "Mark L. Ferguson" <marfer_mvpREMOVE@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > The Office entry in the 'Add or Remove Programs' app has an item for
    > "Detect and repair."
    >
    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > FAQ for Windows Antispy
    > "Ter" <terrye@shaw.ca> wrote in message
    >>

    >> Some help/suggestions appreciated !!
    >> Each time I try to access Microsoft Office Picture Manager (either via
    >> the
    >> start menu or by clicking a stored picture), I get a runtime error
    >> dialogue
    >> box which says:
    >> "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error - Program:
    >> C:\Program
    >> Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\OIS.EXE - This application has requested
    >> the
    >> runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the
    >> application's
    >> support team for more information" .
    >> Up until yesterday, the picture manager worked fine.
    >> Anyone got a clue as to how to correct ??
    >> Already scanned for viruses and spyware/malware...nothing apparent.
    >> Also checked other newsgroups and Q&A's from numerous sites. Although
    >> "runtime errors" seem to be a common problem, no-one has had this
    >> specific
    >> issue with Picture Manager.
    >> Thanks in advance for any light you can shed.
    >> ter

Support Runtime Microsoft Windows XP