error message after upgrade

I upgraded my laptop from XP home to XP Pro and after it is finished
upgrading and tries to start for the first time i get an error message before
it completely loads that says "not enough virtual memory or page file quota
to complete this operation" and it shuts down. I don't want to lose all of
my files so how do i fix this problem, without installing a fresh copy and
losing all of my files and info?

Is there any way to change the size of the page file( enlarge) before it
boots up? or is there any way to get my info out before i wipe the drive and
try installing a fresh copy? I really need help with this!!!!!

any replies can be sent to mthillbilly_2@msn.com and will be very greatly
appreciated!

Error Message: Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is Too Small
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315270

"Your System Has No Paging File, or the Paging File Is Too Small" Error Message After Windows XP Upgrade
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316528

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"MONTANA HILLBILLY" wrote:

| I upgraded my laptop from XP home to XP Pro and after it is finished
| upgrading and tries to start for the first time i get an error message before
| it completely loads that says "not enough virtual memory or page file quota
| to complete this operation" and it shuts down. I don't want to lose all of
| my files so how do i fix this problem, without installing a fresh copy and
| losing all of my files and info?
|
| Is there any way to change the size of the page file( enlarge) before it
| boots up? or is there any way to get my info out before i wipe the drive and
| try installing a fresh copy? I really need help with this!!!!!

TRENDING THREADS