3dfx voodoo 3 PCI and above

G

I'm running Grand Prix Legends on an HP 8380 a P2 400 with 192mg of RAM and a voodoo 2 card. I'm getting stop frames and flickering except when I turn off a whole bunch of stuff. This setup has an onboard 2d. I tried an SLI setup with two voodoo 2's and that made things worse.
I think I may be stopped by the onboard 2d, but I really don't know enough to be certain. My QUESTION is Would a voodoo 3 or higher be the answer??
Also does anyone know the difference between a voodoo 3 2000 and a voodoo 3 3000 ??

G

Hi beesh

If you get a voodoo 3 you will have to disable your onboard 2d memory. See if that can be done first with jumpers or dip switches, before you go out too make a purchase. Im not sure if youre problem is with the onboard video or not,so i cant be much help their.
The only difference between the voodoo 3 2000,and 3000 is the clock speed. 143 (i think) for the 2000,and 166 for the 3000. Same memory and drivers. You can go the 2000 route and overclock it too at or near the speed of the 3000.
I have my 3000 clocked at 180,but extra cooling will be needed if you go this route.
When you do overclock it you will be clocking the core and the memory at the same time so be careful.(unlike the nvidias in which you clock the core and the memory seperately.

Oh and your voodoo 2 is a stand alone 3d card. It works with your present 2d card. The voodoo 3 is a 2d and 3d card. This will be your only video card,and thats why you will have too disable your onboard video first.

hope this helped

mark
henrietta ny

"I thought i would never see a resonance cascade, let alone create one."