Good Dell Support Experience

My SoundBlaster Live Value! card died Wednesday. Did the usual
troubleshooting. Deleted it in device manager and let Win XP redetected it,
but it couldn't reinstall the drivers. Downloaded the latest drivers from
Dell and reinstalled, but it couldn't install them. Opened the case and
reseated the card and rebooted, sound restored. Rebooted again to double
check and no sound again, Win XP still trying to reinstall the drivers and
failed. Did this two more times, no luck.

So...I went on Dell Support and tried the Chat with live agent. After a
half hour chatting with Guril (or something like that) and troubleshooting,
he said a new card would be sent to me. New SB arrived early Thursday
afternoon, installed this morning and called DHL to return with free
shipping and pickup today.

Live chat worked for me like a charm, just watch out for being disconnected
while your rummaging around your system troubleshooting. I've tried the
email route in the past with no luck and just canned responses. This is
pretty good support in my experience. Pat

Greg

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Great. I've had pretty good luck with Gateway and their live chat.