Problems connecting Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11 to Cisco Aironet 1..

Hello,

Don't know if anyone can help. I've tried all over the place and can't
find any mention of this.
My laptop has a Buffalo WLI-PCM-L11 card in it. It works fine with my
home network (using a Netgear AP). But when I bring it into work it
will not find the work access point. This is a Cisco Aironet 1100.

The card can pick up some nearby wireless networks from other
buildings and succesfully connects to them. Other users use the Cisco
AP at work with no setup issues at all. I've also plugged in a USB
Wireless client to the laptop and it's picked up the Aironet first
time.

It just seems to be the combination of Buffalo card and Cisco AP which
is incompatible.

Anyone experienced this before?

Andy
1 answer Last reply
More about problems connecting buffalo cisco aironet

    On 4 May 2004 08:57:26 -0700, andy@mopoke.co.uk (Andy Kelk) wrote:

    ~ Hello,
    ~
[...]

    Andy,

    Is the AP1100 an 802.11b one, and is your Buffalo card an 802.11g one?
    If so, then we have seen a problem like this when the AP1100
    is configured to "optimize for range" (1Mb required, other rates
    enabled) rather than "optimize for throughput" (all rates 1-11Mb
    required.) If your AP1100 is configured that way, try "optimize
    for throughput".

    Aaron

Wireless Buffalo Cisco Wireless Networking