Solved

Program

Win 7 OEM program disk will not allow me to reload the program after a hard failure during the initial installation process. Is there a fix or a patch around this problem? Do I have to purchase another copy of Win 7?
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about program
  1. More info please. Is this a laptop/desktop PC, did it have a previous OS, did you try to do a clean install or upgrade, what steps did you follow, etc.
  2. Herr_Koos said:
    More info please. Is this a laptop/desktop PC, did it have a previous OS, did you try to do a clean install or upgrade, what steps did you follow, etc.


    Thanks for your reply, The pc is an acer T-136, desk top, previously running xp. The hdd was inadvertly erased. The pc recovery program would not work due to NTLDR missing. I purchased a new Win 7, OEM program over the internet. When I attempted to install win 7 the program was loaded up to the registration and at that time the computer froze up with a full page error message about stops. I replaced the hdd and attempted to install win 7 again. The install starts and then gives a message about the OEM program has already been used and the installation stops. There is no win os on the old hdd! I was looking for a fix or patch so I can reload the win 7 program.
  3. Where did you buy Windows 7 from? You may have gotten a fake version if you got it at one of those "$10 for any software" sites.

    Are you booting off the DVD to start the setup? Make sure you wipe the disk during setup when it comes up to the drive screen. Just click on the drive, delete the partition, and create a new one.
  4. No, I purchased from a reputable store. Cost was over 100 dollars, U.S. I did a clean install on a formatted HDD. The install went all the way through to after win 7 screen came up. I was entering my key code when an error message from Microsoft came up saying I had already installed once and the install stopped. There is no win 7 on the system.
  5. wflawhorn said:
    No, I purchased from a reputable store. Cost was over 100 dollars, U.S. I did a clean install on a formatted HDD. The install went all the way through to after win 7 screen came up. I was entering my key code when an error message from Microsoft came up saying I had already installed once and the install stopped. There is no win 7 on the system.


    Contact Microsoft, it looks like it's going online to check the code and found it was used already.

    I know there is a MS outreach rep on here, she'll probably confirm this.

    If you want to install, try disconnecting the PC from internet connectivity, that will prevent it from checking the code at this time. But at some point you will need to register Windows, and you will probably get the same type of error then.
  6. OK. Thank you for the reply. I guess there is no patch available or fix to get around this problem. so I am probably out the money with no product!!
  7. Best answer
    wflawhorn said:
    OK. Thank you for the reply. I guess there is no patch available or fix to get around this problem. so I am probably out the money with no product!!


    Nope, there is a fix, contact MS and let the activtion specialists try to sort things out. Did you use this disk on another computer or just on the one you are installing now.

    Issue may be is that you bought an OEM copy, which may cause issues with MS.
  8. No, just the one computer.
    Thank you for the help. I will try and contact MS.
  9. Best answer selected by wflawhorn.
  10. I found that a new RAM I had installed was not working properly. I replaced the RAM, installed a different HDD that was wiped. Formatted the HDD then the Win 7 Install went smoothly and no more problems.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration OEM Windows 7