Closed Solved

How do I uninstall ACER Empowering Technology for Windows XP sp3....?

In other words, are there any performance hits of caveats around entirely uninstalling the whole software suite? Haven't been able to use it's back-up for several years: it's an atavism at this point, and I'm backing up via alternative means. Truth is, I "exit" the program every time I boot up; and it seems I'd be better off just removing the whole thing. It's a memory hog.

So is it safe to just uninstall it via Windows Add/Remove?

Thanks in advance for your sentient sentences.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about uninstall acer empowering technology windows
  1. Best answer
    If u uninstall that the windows Xp do some malfunctioning. So its waste of time. Solution: Clean install windows activate that, then install drivers from manufacturer website except that software. then update windows.
  2. Yeh, fine, except that it's an OEM, and Acer doesn't ship it with a Windows CD. There was a class action lawsuit over this, the settlement of which forced them to offer a Windows CD to purchasers, but I found out about it too late. I'll never buy an OEM-customized computer again after all the bull it put me through.
  3. Same crap with my first computer, an Acer, no CD...to this day it still runs but it is slow as hell and I can't reinstall. So it has like 7 years of crap on it lol.

I forced myself to build my own computer. I found it so easy I built another one with parts I upgraded with from my first build, for a friend. If I bought my computer I have now I would have been paying Alienware type prices for less performance for sure.
  4. Best answer selected by Brett928S2.
  5. Hi :)

CLOSING due to age... but please start another thread if you are still having problems , which I will answer promptly...

All the best Brett :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Acer Windows XP Laptops Product