12/Jul/2005

I have a myriad of setup files (e.g. setup.exe; setup.dll; etc.). How
can I differentiate them?

Thank you,

Barry Karas

P.S. I have WinXP Pro, and SP2.

The folders that the files are in ought to give some clue.

Right click a file | Properties | Version tab

This info is part of the file and not all files have real good info.
Especially if it is spyware or a virus. Or whoever put it together was lazy
or secretive.

Click a category on the left to display the information on the right.

Other version information
Item Name:
Company
File Version
Internal Name
Language
Original File Name
Product Name
Product Version

Sometimes, if someone was really industrious, there is info under the
Summary tab also.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:00v6d1dbksg49vl6pnhc1obae9n4jk88jt@4ax.com,
Barry Karas <bkaras@adelphia.net> hunted and pecked:
> 12/Jul/2005
>
> I have a myriad of setup files (e.g. setup.exe; setup.dll; etc.). How
> can I differentiate them?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Barry Karas
>
> P.S. I have WinXP Pro, and SP2.

Greetings,

To install this software use the "Setup.EXE" file. The extension .EXE means
it's an executable file.

For the .DLL file

"Dynamic Link Library" A DLL (.dll) file contains a library of functions and
other information that can be accessed by a Windows program." -
http://www.netchico.com/support/glossary/d.html

--
Best of Luck!
Jose Francisco