Flickering in 3d games

G

...Hy I have a ASUS V7700 Pure(Geforce 2 gts), ASUS A7V (Bios 1005a),T-Bird 1ghz, WinME, DX 8, and I get some really short flickering randomly in all 3d games. Direct3D and OpenGL. Actually its allways only one singel "flicker" and its not allways on the full screen...its usually only from the bottom to the middle of the screen or the top of the screen to the middle. I trieded VSYNC on and off. Didnt help. Games run great..but theres allways a short flickering. Under Windows everything is fine..

PLEASE HELP..tried many bios settings also. I dont Overclock!!

G

You have the latest video card drivers and game patches???

G

everything is setup correctly..I shure dont know whats going on. I allready got the card replaced with no help. But other cards work fine with my mobo

phsstpok

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
Read the information at www.geforcefaq.com. There is a lot of information to sift through but you will probably find what you need. It is a great resource.

Sorry, I don't have time to search myself.

G

Try the simple approach first. Reseat the card and make sure all the cables are connected properly and are straight (no kinks or bends). I forgot to tighten the screws on the monitor cable once and had all sorts of flickering going on.

If your drivers, bios and everything else is up to date then I would suspect a memory problem. You could try changing your memory settings in the bios to be less aggressive.