BVRP PHONE TOOLS (fax) failed, when needed

I tried using this program to receive a fax from a government office on
a dial up modem on the Windows me system.

I configured the program and then pushed the button for fax mode. The
government office attempted to send me a fax and the fax went into
answering machine mode.

I had to run around and get this form.

I emailed the folks at BVRP and they promptly replied with
instructions, how to deactivate answering machine. Too late now. I do
not know if it will work anyways. I now switched to a DSL modem and
wonder if there are any "free" programs somewhere to work with this.

I can always switch back to a dial up modem, but I do not have
confidence in the fax program that came with the Dell computer.

Kindly reply by posting only

Thanks

big rog
4 answers Last reply
More about bvrp phone tools failed needed

    The BVRP system works just fine on dial-up. Give it a second chance.

    ~k
    "BigRog" <bigrog_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    I tried using this program to receive a fax from a government office
    on
    a dial up modem on the Windows me system.

    I configured the program and then pushed the button for fax mode. The
    government office attempted to send me a fax and the fax went into
    answering machine mode.

    I had to run around and get this form.

    I emailed the folks at BVRP and they promptly replied with
    instructions, how to deactivate answering machine. Too late now. I do
    not know if it will work anyways. I now switched to a DSL modem and
    wonder if there are any "free" programs somewhere to work with this.

    I can always switch back to a dial up modem, but I do not have
    confidence in the fax program that came with the Dell computer.

    Kindly reply by posting only

    Thanks

    big rog

    The program had the answering machine deactivated. It still does not
    work. I previously uninstalled and reinstalled program with negative
    results.

    The fax connected with my computer, as I saw the number, but the fax
    did not come through.

    Anybody have a solution?

    Big Rog

    Problem solved. Problem with Windows Millinium.

    Big Rog

    Problem solved. Problem with Windows Millinium.

    Big Rog

Dell Fax Dial Up Connection Computers