BVRP PHONE TOOLS (fax) failed, when needed

Tags:
  • Dell
  • Fax
  • Dial Up Connection
  • Computers
Last response: in Computer Brands
April 29, 2005 8:11:44 PM

I tried using this program to receive a fax from a government office on
a dial up modem on the Windows me system.

I configured the program and then pushed the button for fax mode. The
government office attempted to send me a fax and the fax went into
answering machine mode.

I had to run around and get this form.

I emailed the folks at BVRP and they promptly replied with
instructions, how to deactivate answering machine. Too late now. I do
not know if it will work anyways. I now switched to a DSL modem and
wonder if there are any "free" programs somewhere to work with this.

I can always switch back to a dial up modem, but I do not have
confidence in the fax program that came with the Dell computer.

Kindly reply by posting only

Thanks

big rog

More about : bvrp phone tools fax failed needed

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 8:31:40 AM

The BVRP system works just fine on dial-up. Give it a second chance.

~k
"BigRog" <bigrog_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
[...]

May 2, 2005 4:27:38 PM

The program had the answering machine deactivated. It still does not
work. I previously uninstalled and reinstalled program with negative
results.

The fax connected with my computer, as I saw the number, but the fax
did not come through.

Anybody have a solution?

Big Rog
May 13, 2005 11:11:57 AM

Problem solved. Problem with Windows Millinium.

Big Rog
Anonymous
May 13, 2005 11:12:01 AM

!