BVRP PHONE TOOLS (fax) failed, when needed

I tried using this program to receive a fax from a government office on
a dial up modem on the Windows me system.

I configured the program and then pushed the button for fax mode. The
government office attempted to send me a fax and the fax went into
answering machine mode.

I had to run around and get this form.

I emailed the folks at BVRP and they promptly replied with
instructions, how to deactivate answering machine. Too late now. I do
not know if it will work anyways. I now switched to a DSL modem and
wonder if there are any "free" programs somewhere to work with this.

I can always switch back to a dial up modem, but I do not have
confidence in the fax program that came with the Dell computer.

Kindly reply by posting only

Thanks

big rog

The BVRP system works just fine on dial-up. Give it a second chance.

~k
"BigRog" <bigrog_98@yahoo.com> wrote in message
I tried using this program to receive a fax from a government office
on
a dial up modem on the Windows me system.

I configured the program and then pushed the button for fax mode. The
government office attempted to send me a fax and the fax went into
answering machine mode.

I had to run around and get this form.

I emailed the folks at BVRP and they promptly replied with
instructions, how to deactivate answering machine. Too late now. I do
not know if it will work anyways. I now switched to a DSL modem and
wonder if there are any "free" programs somewhere to work with this.

I can always switch back to a dial up modem, but I do not have
confidence in the fax program that came with the Dell computer.

Kindly reply by posting only

Thanks

big rog

The program had the answering machine deactivated. It still does not
work. I previously uninstalled and reinstalled program with negative
results.

The fax connected with my computer, as I saw the number, but the fax
did not come through.

Anybody have a solution?

Big Rog

Problem solved. Problem with Windows Millinium.