Sager 9150 w/AMD 7970m help

Hello Forum,

I just recently received my brand new laptop from Xoticpc.com the other day and I'm pleased with the speed of it and how it looks and feels. The problem I am having is I upgraded it to Windows 8 Pro for 15$ and I'm having problems with the graphics switching. When I try out games like BF3 I have to use Medium settings or the computer lags significantly which makes me believe the graphics are on the Intel 4000 and not the AMD 7970. Also when I play Napoleon Total War or Shogun 2 Total War it shows the graphic card in use in the options which states the Intel 4000. I just recently found out that people are having a lot of trouble with the graphics switching but I haven't found a fix and was wondering if anyone knows of a fix for the 7970m with Windows 8. I have all the drivers up to date and also installed the AMD latest beta drivers that were released a few days ago. Nothing seems to work and the graphics are on medium but when I see others playing on there systems on YouTube I see them with their settings on Ultra with the same computer. The reason why I spent 1700$ on this laptop was for the graphics to be on high since I'm an airline pilot and always on the road, I can't have a desktop to haul around the airport. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.

Robert
2 answers Last reply
More about sager 9150 7970m help
  1. try adjusting the gpu in the bios
  2. Uninstall windows 8. There is no benefit to having it. Reinstall windows 7.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Laptops