I can't open properties.

July 12, 2005 9:31:41 AM

Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

More about : open properties

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:34:22 PM

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

Mark L. Ferguson
"Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121171501.024500.219260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
> that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
> mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
> also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
> click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
> this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 1:58:28 PM

I did what it said to do, but it didn't work. =( Does anyone know any
other ways to fix it?

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>

> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121171501.024500.219260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> > Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
> > that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
> > mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
> > also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
> > click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
> > this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:17:27 PM

Try an Upgrade, or 'repair' setup.

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

--
Mark L. Ferguson

!