I can't open properties.

Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.
3 answers Last reply
More about open properties

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:

    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121171501.024500.219260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
    > that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
    > mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
    > also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
    > click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
    > this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

    I did what it said to do, but it didn't work. =( Does anyone know any
    other ways to fix it?

    Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
    > Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >

    > --
    > Mark L. Ferguson
    > "Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121171501.024500.219260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    > > Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
    > > that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
    > > mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
    > > also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
    > > click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
    > > this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

    Try an Upgrade, or 'repair' setup.

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121187508.648891.121520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
    >I did what it said to do, but it didn't work. =( Does anyone know any
    > other ways to fix it?
    >
    > Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
    >> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers:
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >>

    >> --
    >> Mark L. Ferguson
    >> FAQ for Windows Antispy http://www.geocities.com/marfer_mvp/FAQ_MSantispy.htm
    >> "Callie" <hallelujah_xo@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121171501.024500.219260@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
    >> > Hi, I have a problem. I'm currently using Windows XP. My problem is
    >> > that when I right click on my desktop and then go to properties I get a
    >> > mouse with an hourglass for a few seconds, and then nothing loads. This
    >> > also happens if I go to Control Panel > Appearances and Themes > and
    >> > click on any one of the tasks. I'm wondering if anyone knows how to fix
    >> > this so I can get to my properties. Thank you.

Windows XP