CDRW drives not funstioning

My DVD RW and CD RW suddenly are not even showing up in MY Computer . I
cannot read or record to or from either. HELP

CD-ROM Access Is Missing and Messages Cite Error Code 31, ­Code 32,
Code 19, or Code 39 After You Remove Easy CD Creator in Wi­ndows XP

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
[Start > Run and type: REGEDIT , and hit enter]

2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.

6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value,
if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need
to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

Also see:

Restore CD/DVD Drives
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_cd_dvd_fix.htm