After an attempt to install a new dvd player, my windows XP Luna theme (the
one for windows xp verses windows classic) is gone! I try to click on the
file but when you say ok, an alert window pops up and says that the "theme
service is not loaded" and to "turn it on in the Computer Management
Administrative Tool in the Control Panel."
How on earth do you do this? I cannot figure it out.

Thanks.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:2DA94920-5D45-44C0-B249-D38B6FCE54DB@microsoft.com,
Personwithlosttheme <Personwithlosttheme@discussions.microsoft.com> had this
to say:

> After an attempt to install a new dvd player, my windows XP Luna
> theme (the one for windows xp verses windows classic) is gone! I try
> to click on the file but when you say ok, an alert window pops up and
> says that the "theme service is not loaded" and to "turn it on in the
> Computer Management Administrative Tool in the Control Panel."
> How on earth do you do this? I cannot figure it out.
>
> Thanks.

Start > run > type "services.msc" without the quotes > hit enter > scroll
down to themes service > right click > properties > drop down box - set to
automatic > then start the service in that same panel and close out of there
using the OK buttons.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes