Frequent Freezing

Hi all, I'm not sure if I came to the right place, but anyways... my
laptop has always run fine, but all of a sudden I have been
experiencing frequent freezing, causing me to manually reboot. This
occurs alot when coming out of the screen saver and sometimes just
whenever.

I have dealt with spyware before and all my scans have come up clean. I
am also fully updated with windows updates. This is becoming an
annoyance.

If someone could point me in the right direction as how to correct my
problem, it will be appreciated. I am not too great with the
Performance Monitor, so perhaps someone could tell me what to monitor,
I don't know. :confused:

-- Windows XP Home w/ SP2 (have had SP2 for awhile)
-- P4 2.66GHz
-- 512 MB RAM
-- McAfee VirusScan 8.0
-- McAfee Personal Firewall Plus 5.0
-- SpyBot S & D 1.3
-- Ad-aware SE Personal 1.06r1
-- Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta Version
-- Spyware Blaster 3.4

--
lizfl420

In my experience random freezing is usually a hardware error of some type,
like the cpu getting too hot or a memory error.

I would suggest temperature monitoring software and running memtest. Google
for both or try monitoring software from the manufacurer if there is any.

Cheers,
Jude.