WIN xp movie *.wmv format

I have a windows movie that I made months ago. I need to make changes to the
movie in graphics, dates etc. I no longer have the *.mswmm file. Is there
some way to take the file apart and make changes, add clips etc?

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:578645BB-2283-464B-A002-D656D7C1A53A@microsoft.com,
VstarPaul <VstarPaul@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> I have a windows movie that I made months ago. I need to make
> changes to the movie in graphics, dates etc. I no longer have the
> *.mswmm file. Is there some way to take the file apart and make
> changes, add clips etc?

Various movie editing software *should* be able to do what you want. I took
a look to find you something that is free instead though... (I don't play
with the Windows Movie Maker so it might be something that you can do within
the application itself. I really have no idea.)

Take a gander here:

http://www.zs4.net/

However it doesn't support WMV files so you'll want something to convert it
to WMV to, say, AVI probably. So...

Video Encoders/Converter:
http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwvideconvert.html

Specifically on that page? STOIK Video Converter looked to be pretty good.

As I mentioned, I don't go around playing with video files really so you
might want to wait until someone who knows more responds or play with those
applications until you get a better answer. There's probably a plethora of
expensive tools from Adobe® or Sony® or Pinnacle® (spelling?) to do that for
you but unless you're going to be able to justify the expense you might want
to try the freeware tools first.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes