Half-Life won't accept OGL/D3D..only software

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
My HL/CS ran fine on my last monitor which was a 17" KDS monitor. Now I have a Sony CPD-410R and I installed WinXp Home fresh. After installing HL it doesn't wanna run on OpenGL or D3D, only in Software which sucks as we all know.

Any of you encountered this? I re-installed HL and still doesn't work. It is also patched to the latest one. I do not believe it's caused by the SOny monitor, more likely when I insatlled Xp fresh. XP is also updated but not Sp1 patched.

lespaul

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2002
hmm, never had that problem, unless the card didn't support openGL...what kind of video card do you have? and have you installed the latest drivers for it?

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
I had HL/CS run before I installed a fresh XP. SO basically I ahd the same system specs it's just that I re-installed WinXP. I have an R8500LE 64MB. All my other games work fine. I just don't know if they are running in D3D or OGL. But in HL/CS it doesn't run on both D3D and OGL. I tried re-installing HL/CS but same prob. I tried installing HL first w/o CS then running a game but it won't run under D3D/OGL.

TRENDING THREADS