Internet Explorer problem.

July 12, 2005 9:35:35 PM

Hi,

Every one I am new user here.

any one can help about my problem it would be great.

2) If I clcik the link of e-mail. for example in this web site
http://www.transmeta.com/corporate/career/jobe0533224.h...

at bottom you can find "Apply for this position"

if I click it it will open number of browsers around 56 one by one :(
and the address bar holding "mailto:jbs@transmeta.com"

looking forward to hearing from you.

thanks,
rammi.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Internet-Ex...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1301182
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:36:27 PM

Multiple browser windows open when you click on a mailto: link:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/mailtoprotocol.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"rammigis" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Every one I am new user here.
>
> any one can help about my problem it would be great.
>

> 2) If I clcik the link of e-mail. for example in this web site
> http://www.transmeta.com/corporate/career/jobe0533224.h...
>
> at bottom you can find "Apply for this position"
>
> if I click it it will open number of browsers around 56 one by one :(
> and the address bar holding "mailto:jbs@transmeta.com"
>

> looking forward to hearing from you.
>
> thanks,
> rammi.

> request
> Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Help---Support-Internet-Ex...
July 13, 2005 3:09:35 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:36:27 +0530, Ramesh, MS-MVP wrote:

> Multiple browser windows open when you click on a mailto: link:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/mailtoprotocol.htm

Ouch! That's a nasty break! Easy to fix with your directions though.
Thanks!

(Didn't have the problem but was interested in the explanation/fix)
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

Very welcome Sharon :-) Thanks for the feedback.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

!