WiFi Ap keeps dropping ADSL connection

Hi there, I am very new to this subject, only purchased a wireless network
setup on the weekend, seems to work OK but the internet connection keeps
dropping out.
Excel WLB-2000 access point
Excel WLB-1201 PCI cards in 2 machines (one connected to AP WINXP)
Excel WLB-1100 PCMCIA card in compaq laptop
All other machines and laptop running WIN98SE
Also the machine connected to the Ap and ADSl seems to always lose the
connection to the AP after reboot or shutdown

I have them ALL set to channel 7, is this incorrect, all PC,s and laptop can
share internet connection but it keeps dropping out every 2 - 3 minutes
ADSL Alcatel modem is connected to the AP, apart from the internet problem
all other network stuff seems to be OK. I can see and transfer files to and
from all PC,s and laptop.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Tony..
2 answers Last reply
More about wifi dropping adsl connection

    UNcheck the "enable 8333.11 authentication" in windows

    may help
    "Cunning Linguist" <tleathem@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
    > Hi there, I am very new to this subject, only purchased a wireless network
    > setup on the weekend, seems to work OK but the internet connection keeps
    > dropping out.
    > Excel WLB-2000 access point
    > Excel WLB-1201 PCI cards in 2 machines (one connected to AP WINXP)
    > Excel WLB-1100 PCMCIA card in compaq laptop
    > All other machines and laptop running WIN98SE
    > Also the machine connected to the Ap and ADSl seems to always lose the
    > connection to the AP after reboot or shutdown
    >
    > I have them ALL set to channel 7, is this incorrect, all PC,s and laptop
    can
    > share internet connection but it keeps dropping out every 2 - 3 minutes
    > ADSL Alcatel modem is connected to the AP, apart from the internet problem
    > all other network stuff seems to be OK. I can see and transfer files to
    and
    > from all PC,s and laptop.
    > Any help here would be greatly appreciated
    > Cheers
    > Tony..

    Hi there, thanks for the reply, and hoping not to sound too thick but how
    and where do I find the check box for this 8333.11 authentication in
    windows, is it in the configs for the wifi or in windows itself
    Cheers
    Tony..

    "Amazing G" <stoekr@nstoekr_that is really my domain.com> wrote in message
    > UNcheck the "enable 8333.11 authentication" in windows
    >
    > may help
    > "Cunning Linguist" <tleathem@netspace.net.au> wrote in message
    > > Hi there, I am very new to this subject, only purchased a wireless
    network
    > > setup on the weekend, seems to work OK but the internet connection keeps
    > > dropping out.
    > > Excel WLB-2000 access point
    > > Excel WLB-1201 PCI cards in 2 machines (one connected to AP WINXP)
    > > Excel WLB-1100 PCMCIA card in compaq laptop
    > > All other machines and laptop running WIN98SE
    > > Also the machine connected to the Ap and ADSl seems to always lose the
    > > connection to the AP after reboot or shutdown
    > >
    > > I have them ALL set to channel 7, is this incorrect, all PC,s and laptop
    > can
    > > share internet connection but it keeps dropping out every 2 - 3 minutes
    > > ADSL Alcatel modem is connected to the AP, apart from the internet
    problem
    > > all other network stuff seems to be OK. I can see and transfer files to
    > and
    > > from all PC,s and laptop.
    > > Any help here would be greatly appreciated
    > > Cheers
    > > Tony..

Internet Connection Wireless Networking