'PC' From Mac Ads Gets Personal Trainer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryogenic

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2006
Apple no.1 in customer satisfaction?

Well you can't argue Macs are pretty, and have a pretty OS, but I don't think Apple customers can really appreciate a nice hand build rig with cherry picked components... (because I don't think they can build one).

tortnotes

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2009
The Mac ads are entertaining, but they don't say anything about actual performance... the message is that PCs suck. How about some positive advertising, Apple?

manjyomethunder

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2009
Last I checked, I believe Asus had better reliability and customer support than Apple did, although I may be wrong.

In any case, these ads are just getting sad, I would have liked it better if it went..

R AS IN, ROBERT LOGGIA
O AS IN, OH M GOD, IT'S ROBERT LOGGIA
B AS IN, BY GOD, IT'S ROBERT LOGGIA
E AS IN, EVERYBODY LOOK, IT'S ROBERT LOGGIA
R AS IN, ROBERT LOGGIA
T AS IN, TIM LOOK OVER THERE, IT'S ROBERT LOGGIA

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
apple is stupid and so are their ad campaigns. macs are great if you're a noob and/or dont care about being able to do much besides type poetry and use photoshop.

PCs aren't just manufactured by one company, and the best ones, as a previous commenter said, are custom-made to suit the needs of the user. Not sure how they can compare customer service of one company (apple) against PCs in general, sounds like an apples to oranges comparison if i've ever heard one. People that complain about PCs (especially the type of complaints these ads have always focused on) are idiots who dont know how to properly maintain a system or who don't want to put the slight effort into learning. They'd rather just throw more money at apple and be handed a dumbed-down machine.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Yes you can hand pick your compnents with a PC, but you also get lots of viruses and Malware which i haven't seen yet on my Imac. So far mac is my champion.

steiner666

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2008
"..you also get lots of viruses and Malware" this would fall under the idiot complaints category i previously mentioned. I have 1 program that protects me from both of those and also has a full featured firewall... it automatically updates and uses next to no system resources. I havent had a virus on any of my PCs in over a decade.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Hakesterman. I haven't had a virus, or even mal/spyware for that matter, in years. A little common sense and Firefox w/ NoScript defeats the 40% premium you pay for the "virus-less OS".

Another thing... since when do all PCs run Windows?!

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
Let me break it down here.
Apple pro = pretty, easy to use
Apple con = expensive, hard to upgrade
PC pro = cheap, easy to upgrade
PC con = not necessarily pretty (could be), not so easy to use

Hey look, it's apple vs orange. Pick one and you will be healthy. Why all the fights? Instead of fighting, you could use your time and money to make the world a better place.

erikstarcher

Distinguished
May 17, 2006
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]Yes you can hand pick your compnents with a PC, but you also get lots of viruses and Malware which i haven't seen yet on my Imac. So far mac is my champion.[/citation]
I can hand pick my components and I don't get malware. It runs most of the software on the market, and plays games great. Yes, it runs windows without any problems at all, and I didn't pay anything near what you paid for your iMac. My PC is just as safe as your iMac (as long as I am the one using it) and I can do more things on it.

Though I find the Mac commercials to be entertaining, I do tire of the fact that Apple throws some aggressive sales pitch but never supports it with any factual information.

The latest version I've seen is a woman standing between PC & Mac. The woman is told that PCs get thousands of viruses, and assumes that Macs don't ever have a single problem. Apple simply tries to use fear tactics to cause people to buy their product.

There's no factual information presented, no effort to show why Mac could actually have any real advantage of a Windows based PC. It's the kind of sales tactic used by pushy, uneducated, defensive, ignorant sales people in many industries.

Any good salesman knows that you win over customers by REFUSING to bash you competition, and simply telling them what's good about your own product. That's how you win trust and customers.

Apple can fall off the face of the earth as far as I'm concerned. Their over-priced, under performing, proprietary products and advertising makes me angry.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
*sigh*

Okay, so which PC company or companies did Apple compare themselves to? This is the problem with trying to compare Apple computers (a specific corporate entity with a well defined product line tightly under its control) and PC computers (consisting of dozens of corporate entities producing a series of products compatible with one another that often rely on standards organizations to provide guidelines on how to work together).

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
ok here it is the REAL commercial:
Hi im a mac
and im a pc.
so mac, what do you do?
well pc, i go online, do word spreadsheets and edit music/videos
what do you do pc:
Oh the same thing but i can also play games, customize my parts and add whatever shit to make myself looks sweet.
and can be built under 700 dollars.
End of story
True Fact: a near top of the line pc can be built for the same price as the lowest end macbook

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
If you think about it apple hasnt done anything in years to wow the audience. i dare any one of you to go to your local high school and mention the name "apple" the only thing most dumb teens will say back is "oh ipod" because thats the one product apple was able to manufacture that got everyone's attention. out of those kids who say "ipod" i guarantee like 80% will say they have a pc.
ALSO the whole thing of "PC's Always get thousands of viruses" is COMPLETELY BIASED by mac fanboys because last time i checked macs get viruses too. why else would the new OS have a malware remover?
ALSO the mac commercial tells ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about why macs are better, because they have nothing to say to the audience that they havent heard before.
Also they say to be the most long lasting/ reliable. i saw that ASUS was most reliable last time so idk wtf they talking about. but if you only used your new pc to go online on facebook like most mac users and listen to itunes and use microsoft word it would last 5 years also. or more formely known as business computers that are still around from 2001 at my job. and they work fine.
FINAL STATEMENT:
The word of Pc is growing rapidly while macis left at the end of the line. new hardwate is announced often and there is always something new to try From esate flashdrives to SSD's to even quad SLI. Mac users can only look forward to new ipods that has been the same shitty resell year after year with no major features. the only 2 ipods that are different from each other are the first one ever made and the ipod touch. I have no grudge against mac users only when these stupid commercials come on and people rant on how Pc's suck. Last time i checked my custom built pc with 2 blue neon lights and 2x GTX 295's that i built for a friend looked 4x as good as an imac. Now if you will excuse me mac i have to go play crysis, have fun trying to load mario!

Status
Not open for further replies.