How do I get my WMP file icons back?

My fiance has recently installed an Mp3 player and software to our pc.
I have noticed that all my MP3 Files now have an icon to match her MP3
player.
Is there any way I can change the file icons back to the Windows Media icon?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
1 answer Last reply
More about file icons back

    If they open in her player:
    Right click one of the files.
    Select "Open With" > "Choose Program..." in the popup menu.
    Place a check next to "Always use this program....."
    Scroll or Browse to your app and select it.
    Click Ok.

    If it doesn't open in her player:
    Open Explorer.
    On the Menu bar click Tools > Folder Options > File Types tab.
    Scroll to your application and click it once to hilite.
    Click the Advanced button > Change Icon button.
    Browse to your app and select the icon file.
    Click Open > Ok > Ok.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko
    { MS MVP_Shell/User }

    "John Gudgin" <johngudgin@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
    > My fiance has recently installed an Mp3 player and software to our pc.
    > I have noticed that all my MP3 Files now have an icon to match her MP3 player.
    > Is there any way I can change the file icons back to the Windows Media icon?
    >
    > Any help would be appreciated.
    > Thanks in advance.

Icons Microsoft MP3 Windows XP