How do I get my WMP file icons back?

July 13, 2005 4:13:44 AM

My fiance has recently installed an Mp3 player and software to our pc.
I have noticed that all my MP3 Files now have an icon to match her MP3
player.
Is there any way I can change the file icons back to the Windows Media icon?

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

More about : wmp file icons back

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:13:45 AM

If they open in her player:
Right click one of the files.
Select "Open With" > "Choose Program..." in the popup menu.
Place a check next to "Always use this program....."
Scroll or Browse to your app and select it.
Click Ok.

If it doesn't open in her player:
Open Explorer.
On the Menu bar click Tools > Folder Options > File Types tab.
Scroll to your application and click it once to hilite.
Click the Advanced button > Change Icon button.
Browse to your app and select the icon file.
Click Open > Ok > Ok.

--

Brian A. Sesko
{ MS MVP_Shell/User }