ERROR_OPERATION_ABORTED 995

I am getting the following error message when attempting to install a Mustek
scanner (AT1200 Bear Paw -)

The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
application request

I am running an Athlon 2000+ cpu with 1 gig ram, new install of XP Home.

This error occurred when I deleted one user account in which the scanner was
working to a new user account. I have looked for how to repair an Error 995
to no avail. I have removed all software & reloaded latest drivers, I have
tried other USB ports, zip, I have turned off and then on USB hub. Other USB
devices are working fine. I am at a lost, please help.

thanks,

Michael

"mvanert" <mvanert@telus.net> wrote in message
>I am getting the following error message when attempting to install a
>Mustek scanner (AT1200 Bear Paw -)
>
> The I/O operation has been aborted because of either a thread exit or an
> application request
>
> I am running an Athlon 2000+ cpu with 1 gig ram, new install of XP Home.
>
> This error occurred when I deleted one user account in which the scanner
> was working to a new user account. I have looked for how to repair an
> Error 995 to no avail. I have removed all software & reloaded latest
> drivers, I have tried other USB ports, zip, I have turned off and then on
> USB hub. Other USB devices are working fine. I am at a lost, please help.
>
> thanks,
>
> Michael

Did you read the other replies? Why post the same message again without any
feedback from them? Is it worth replying to you if you are ignoring them, or
not seeing them?