Closed

Multi-Williams??

I have a Defender that I would like to convert to a Multi Williams. Can I
use some of the boards or do I have to have newer boards from a Robotron or
Joust?? Was thinking of the kit from Phoenixarcade.
Does anyone have any experience from dealing with them??
And hows the artwork??
Should I look for any other source??
Is there a do it youre self model anywhere??

TIA

Mattias L.
Sweden
9 answers Last reply
More about multi williams

    Get the Jamma Multi-Williams 8 in 1
    Rich
    "Mate07" <mate07@telia.com> wrote in message
    > I have a Defender that I would like to convert to a Multi Williams. Can I
    > use some of the boards or do I have to have newer boards from a Robotron
    or
    > Joust?? Was thinking of the kit from Phoenixarcade.
    > Does anyone have any experience from dealing with them??
    > And hows the artwork??
    > Should I look for any other source??
    > Is there a do it youre self model anywhere??
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mattias L.
    > Sweden

  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Rich-
    It wouldn't make sense to get a Jamma one if he has a working Defender.
    The kit that Clay has would be a much, much, better option. Though, I
    think I'd keep the original Defender artwork except for the control
    panel.
    Kevin
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    My mistake. I was thinking that Defender worked with the multi kit.
    I'm not sure there's a really easy way to Jammatize that cab. You're
    in a tough spot. When I got mine, the cabinet was empty, so I just
    wired it as a Jamma Defender....much easier.
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    The artwork is great! They are out of the kit though and won't be
    restocking. I tried to order one last night. You can get the kit directly
    from the maker here:

    http://www.multigame.com/williams.html

    He makes these up by hand, so you'll need to email him about when the next
    batch will be ready,

    Mark Hooks

    "Mate07" <mate07@telia.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Defender that I would like to convert to a Multi Williams. Can I
    >use some of the boards or do I have to have newer boards from a Robotron or
    >Joust?? Was thinking of the kit from Phoenixarcade.
    > Does anyone have any experience from dealing with them??
    > And hows the artwork??
    > Should I look for any other source??
    > Is there a do it youre self model anywhere??
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Mattias L.
    > Sweden

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "not sure there's a really easy way to
    Jammatize that cab". Defender is a cabinet like any other. Simply remove all
    of the original main wiring harness. Keep the isolation transformer, on/off
    switch, speaker and flouroescent wiring. Install any jamma harness into the
    cabinet attaching the appropriate wires to their locations and you're all
    set. Simple as any other jamma conversion. The fact that it's a Defender has
    nothing to do with anything. You're not in a tough spot at all. Good luck
    with the conversion! ;)

    Brian

    <kevinlshirk@aol.com> wrote in message
    > My mistake. I was thinking that Defender worked with the multi kit.
    > I'm not sure there's a really easy way to Jammatize that cab. You're
    > in a tough spot. When I got mine, the cabinet was empty, so I just
    > wired it as a Jamma Defender....much easier.

  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I have the early model of defender cpu and I assume that I need a newer for
    the conversion??
    Does anyone have a cpu that would work with Clays multi game for sale

    Mattias L.
    Sweden

    <kevinlshirk@aol.com> skrev i meddelandet

    > Rich-
    > It wouldn't make sense to get a Jamma one if he has a working Defender.
    > The kit that Clay has would be a much, much, better option. Though, I
    > think I'd keep the original Defender artwork except for the control
    > panel.
    > Kevin

  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    What "appropriate locations" do ou wire to? No Jamma kit is going to
    match up to a williams coin door connector and he'll need to wire a
    control panel. A Super Jamma kit isn't plug and play in this cabinet.
    You can probably do it in a day, but it's not an easy process to
    jammatize it. You're right though, it's not much tougher than most
    other games. For some games though, you can just snip the edge
    connector, add new split pins, put them in the right places in a jamma
    connector and you're set. You'd just have to take the buttons and
    joysticks out and put them in the new panel. I'd hate to ruin a
    defender harness like that though.
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    By appropriate locations, I mean the coin 1 wire goes to the 1st coin slot,
    the coin 2 wire goes to the 2nd coin slot, the up wire goes to the up on the
    joystick, the down wire goes to the down on the joystick, etc, etc. Once you
    make the decision to jammatize a cabinet, you'll have to rewire the coin
    door as well. You'll also need to rewire the control panel. Sure, it's not a
    quick job to do, but it is easy and relatively simple. I always remove the
    complete main harness from any game I jammatize, so a Defender job is no
    different that doing a Ms. Pac or a Donkey Kong to me. I don't cut factory
    harnesses.

    > What "appropriate locations" do ou wire to? No Jamma kit is going to
    > match up to a williams coin door connector and he'll need to wire a
    > control panel. A Super Jamma kit isn't plug and play in this cabinet.
    > You can probably do it in a day, but it's not an easy process to
    > jammatize it. You're right though, it's not much tougher than most
    > other games. For some games though, you can just snip the edge
    > connector, add new split pins, put them in the right places in a jamma
    > connector and you're set. You'd just have to take the buttons and
    > joysticks out and put them in the new panel. I'd hate to ruin a
    > defender harness like that though.

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Hell...

    Just go to www.jammaboards.com and buy their full jamma harness for $15...
    it's a fully wired labled connecter WITH 0.18 disconnects already on the
    ends of the wires... for 90% of the connections it's just follow the wire
    and plug it in.

    Hell... for $15 I'm never gonna crip again!

    "Brian Adkins" <wizardscastle@comcast.net> wrote in message
    > By appropriate locations, I mean the coin 1 wire goes to the 1st coin
    > slot,
    > the coin 2 wire goes to the 2nd coin slot, the up wire goes to the up on
    > the
    > joystick, the down wire goes to the down on the joystick, etc, etc. Once
    > you
    > make the decision to jammatize a cabinet, you'll have to rewire the coin
    > door as well. You'll also need to rewire the control panel. Sure, it's not
    > quick job to do, but it is easy and relatively simple. I always remove the
    > complete main harness from any game I jammatize, so a Defender job is no
    > different that doing a Ms. Pac or a Donkey Kong to me. I don't cut factory
    > harnesses.
    >
    > Brian
    >

    > <kevinlshirk@aol.com> wrote in message
    >> What "appropriate locations" do ou wire to? No Jamma kit is going to
    >> match up to a williams coin door connector and he'll need to wire a
    >> control panel. A Super Jamma kit isn't plug and play in this cabinet.
    >> You can probably do it in a day, but it's not an easy process to
    >> jammatize it. You're right though, it's not much tougher than most
    >> other games. For some games though, you can just snip the edge
    >> connector, add new split pins, put them in the right places in a jamma
    >> connector and you're set. You'd just have to take the buttons and
    >> joysticks out and put them in the new panel. I'd hate to ruin a
    >> defender harness like that though.

Classifieds Defender Games Video Hot Deals