Machine stopped going into standby

I have my computer set to go into "System Standby" after 30 minutes of
inactivity... about two weeks ago it stopped working. I can click on
"turn off and standby" and that works but it does not after 30
minutes. Running XP with SP2... the only change I've made in my system
is to increase the ram to 1 gig from 512 megs, that I can think of.

thanks, Rich

Yup, I have the very same problem. Let me know if you find a solution! Good
Luck!

"marjay" wrote:

> I have my computer set to go into "System Standby" after 30 minutes of
> inactivity... about two weeks ago it stopped working. I can click on
> "turn off and standby" and that works but it does not after 30
> minutes. Running XP with SP2... the only change I've made in my system
> is to increase the ram to 1 gig from 512 megs, that I can think of.
>
> thanks, Rich

Jim

Have you installed any software, added any hardware, or updated any
drivers since it last worked? These -can- cause standby problems.