My problem almost sounds like something you would hear on the late night
Art Bell Radio show.

Stated simply, if I attempt to send an email which contains the word
"Rolex," I get an error message from Outlook Express which reads: "An
unkown error was returned from the SMTP server. Subject 'Fw.test',
Account: '(My Email address)', Server: '(my ISP mail address)',
Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '579 message content is not acceptable
here', Port 25, Secure(SSL):No Server Error: 579, Error Number:
0x800CCC61

Similarily, if anyone sends an email to me containing the word "Rolex,"
it results in the message being rejected as undeliverable.

This whole thing began after I had a run-in with someone on eBay over a
Rolex watch I was selling. I only exchanged a few emails with this
person and there were no attchments to any of them. However, I did
browse on the web site that this person has where they sell watches and
jewelry; not sure if this has any bearing on the problem.

I have tried running all of the antivirus / anti-spyware programs to
which O have access, but no help.

I am not really desperate to send emails about Rolex watches, but I
would really appreciate hearing from someone that might be able to
unravel this mystery for me. Thanks, Bugsy

--
Bugsy

"Bugsy" <Bugsy.1s3f1q@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> My problem almost sounds like something you would hear on the late night
> Art Bell Radio show.
>
> Stated simply, if I attempt to send an email which contains the word
> "Rolex," I get an error message from Outlook Express which reads: "An
> unkown error was returned from the SMTP server. Subject 'Fw.test',
> Account: '(My Email address)', Server: '(my ISP mail address)',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '579 message content is not acceptable
> here', Port 25, Secure(SSL):No Server Error: 579, Error Number:
> 0x800CCC61
>
> Similarily, if anyone sends an email to me containing the word "Rolex,"
> it results in the message being rejected as undeliverable.
>
> This whole thing began after I had a run-in with someone on eBay over a
> Rolex watch I was selling. I only exchanged a few emails with this
> person and there were no attchments to any of them. However, I did
> browse on the web site that this person has where they sell watches and
> jewelry; not sure if this has any bearing on the problem.
>
> I have tried running all of the antivirus / anti-spyware programs to
> which O have access, but no help.
>
> I am not really desperate to send emails about Rolex watches, but I
> would really appreciate hearing from someone that might be able to
> unravel this mystery for me. Thanks, Bugsy
>

> --
> Bugsy

I suspect that your ISP has a filter which is rejecting any emails with the
word Rolex in the title. Given the amount of genuine spam this probably
catches I can understand why. You could ask your ISP?

Brian.

www.cryer.co.uk/brian

johnf

Simple - don't use the word Rolex! And why would you need to do that unless
you're sending Scam-mail?

--

johnf