Inspiron 9300 Video Problem

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 1, 2005 1:57:04 AM

Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
resolution of 1920x1200.

It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.

If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.

My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Chuck
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:17:29 AM

Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

> Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
> resolution of 1920x1200.
>
> It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
> problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>
> If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
> 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
> resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
> soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>
> My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
> resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>
> Thank you very much.

Have you tried switching to large fonts?

Bob
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 2:20:30 AM

"Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
>
>> Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
>> resolution of 1920x1200.
>>
>> It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
>> problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>>
>> If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
>> 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
>> screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
>> display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>>
>> My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
>> screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>
>> Thank you very much.
>
> Have you tried switching to large fonts?
>
> Bob

I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
my GIF pixilation problem?
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 4:35:35 AM

Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

> "Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
>
>>Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
>>

>>>Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
>>>resolution of 1920x1200.
>>>
>>>It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
>>>problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
>>>
>>>If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
>>>1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
>>>screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
>>>display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
>>>
>>>My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
>>>screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
>>>
>>>Thank you very much.
>>
>>Have you tried switching to large fonts?
>>
>>Bob
>

> I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
> my GIF pixilation problem?

If you set the screen to 96 dpi, you said everything was fine but you
couldn't read the text. My suggestion was to use large fonts. I have my
6000 set to 1920x1200 with large fonts and everything is fine.

Bob
!