Inspiron 9300 Video Problem

Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
resolution of 1920x1200.

It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.

If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.

My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you very much.

Chuck
3 answers Last reply
More about inspiron 9300 video problem

    Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

    > Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
    > resolution of 1920x1200.
    >
    > It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
    > problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
    >
    > If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
    > 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the screen
    > resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the display become
    > soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
    >
    > My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or screen
    > resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
    >
    > Thank you very much.

    Have you tried switching to large fonts?

    Bob

    "Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
    > Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
    >
    >> Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
    >> resolution of 1920x1200.
    >>
    >> It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
    >> problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
    >>
    >> If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
    >> 1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
    >> screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
    >> display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
    >>
    >> My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
    >> screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thank you very much.
    >
    > Have you tried switching to large fonts?
    >
    > Bob

    I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
    my GIF pixilation problem?

    Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:

    > "Bob Levine" <robjlevin.nospan@netscape.net> wrote in message
    >
    >>Chuck Hildebrandt wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just got it yesterday. The default on the video is 120dpi, screen
    >>>resolution of 1920x1200.
    >>>
    >>>It looks fine EXCEPT: GIF files are rendered as terribly pixilated. No
    >>>problems with JPG, Flash, Media center video or any other. Just GIF.
    >>>
    >>>If I downgrade the DPI to 96 it will solve the pixilation problem, but at
    >>>1920x1200 I can hardly read anything, it's so small. If I bring the
    >>>screen resolution down at all to compensate, even to 1680x1050, the
    >>>display become soft-looking, even a bit fuzzy.
    >>>
    >>>My preference would be to fix the GIF problem without changing DPI or
    >>>screen resolution. Does anyone have any ideas?
    >>>
    >>>Thank you very much.
    >>
    >>Have you tried switching to large fonts?
    >>
    >>Bob
    >

    > I just tried it and it didn't work. How would switching to large fonts help
    > my GIF pixilation problem?

    If you set the screen to 96 dpi, you said everything was fine but you
    couldn't read the text. My suggestion was to use large fonts. I have my
    6000 set to 1920x1200 with large fonts and everything is fine.

    Bob

Dell Video Resolution Computers