FINDING DLLS AND FILES

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
CAN ANY ONE HELP ME?? I am trying to install a wireless card in a win 98 second edition system but when I install the card it ask for my win 98 CD looking for files to install it but they are unfound. The D-link people say I need the files from Win 98 to install the card. Is any one out there that knows where I can get them since they are not on the CD.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
That's a funny peculiarity of Windows hardware installation. You actually need to know what you're doing.

When it ask for the files on the Win98 CD, it might be refering to the Win98CD, or it might be refering to files on the D-Link installation disk. Use the "Search" button and see if it's looking in a specific location on the 98 disk, or if it doesn't know where to look. And if it doesn't know where to look, put your D-Link disk back in and find the file there. You might have to switch back and forth between disks several times.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Crashman but Niether my D-Link or win 98 show the files it is looking for in search There are about20 or 25 files it is looking for and running search on both CDs and Hard drive show nothing. I think D- Link made a mistake saying you could use the DWL-520+ Air plus adapter with win 98 second edition and I have been installing cards in windows for about 8 years. Thanks anyway

Victor

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Thanks Crashman but Niether my D-Link or win 98 show the files it is looking for in search There are about20 or 25 files it is looking for and running search on both CDs and Hard drive show nothing. I think D- Link made a mistake saying you could use the DWL-520+ Air plus adapter with win 98 second edition and I have been installing cards in windows for about 8 years. Thanks anyway ButI think I will just hard wire it. The DFE-530TX will Work.