windows explorer wont let me open my video folder

windows explorer wont let me open my video folder i open it close off
i use bit tornado to download torrent and it close it self off

Inspect the Event Log.

Click Start, Run and type eventvwr.msc
Select Application entry in the left pane
In the right-pane, look for the Error entry denoted by a Red X

Sort by date and track-down the entry based on what time the error exactly
occurred. Locate and double-click the entry and you'll see more information
in the resulting dialog. Click the copy button at the top and copy the whole
event and paste it to a Notepad document and save it. Post the information
here.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"Vegeta_ssj4" <Vegeta_ssj4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> windows explorer wont let me open my video folder i open it close off
> i use bit tornado to download torrent and it close it self off

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 11:39:01 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PIERRO
Hanging application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 65 78 70 6c 6f 72 explor
0018: 65 72 2e 65 78 65 20 36 er.exe 6
0020: 2e 30 2e 32 39 30 30 2e .0.2900.
0028: 32 31 38 30 20 69 6e 20 2180 in
0030: 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 20 hungapp
0038: 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 20 0.0.0.0
0040: 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 65 at offse
0048: 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 30 t 000000
0050: 30 30 00

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Error
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 7/13/2005
Time: 11:38:47 PM
User: N/A
Computer: PIERRO
Fault bucket 127813829.

Data:
0000: 42 75 63 6b 65 74 3a 20 Bucket:
0008: 31 32 37 38 31 33 38 32 12781382
0010: 39 0d 0a 9..

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

> Inspect the Event Log.
>
> Click Start, Run and type eventvwr.msc
> Select Application entry in the left pane
> In the right-pane, look for the Error entry denoted by a Red X
>
> Sort by date and track-down the entry based on what time the error exactly
> occurred. Locate and double-click the entry and you'll see more information
> in the resulting dialog. Click the copy button at the top and copy the whole
> event and paste it to a Notepad document and save it. Post the information
> here.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "Vegeta_ssj4" <Vegeta_ssj4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > windows explorer wont let me open my video folder i open it close off
> > i use bit tornado to download torrent and it close it self off

>> hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

The event log does not reveal the module name. I believe this has to do with
third-party Multimedia Codecs. Isolate the problem by disabling 3rd party
Codecs using MMCompView utility from Nirsoft.net