USB Kills Xp Boot times

Can anyone out there tell me why enabling USB Host Controller slows my boot
time on my BRAND NEW PC to about 2 mins. If I removed the USB Host
Controllers, I get Boot Time of 25secs?????

It's a clean install BRAND NEW PC (4 days old) all i did was put on WIN XP
loaded M/B & VID Drivers and SP2, it doesn't have any other software on it
yet. Well it's got partition Magic and that's about it but Partition magic
won't have anything to do with the USB controllers.

Interestingly there were 2 USB Host controllers; 1 Enhanced PCI-USB (for
USB2.0) I think and 1 other one just USB Host Controller. I have tried it
with both enabled and then 1 at a time. Longest boot up time is with both
enabled and then with the enhanced one enabled. eg BOTH-2min Enhanced
only-1.5min and the last one 1 min.

Gigabyte GA-K8NF-9 939 NFORCE4 DDR 400/333/266 8CH AUDIO
AMD K8 Athlon64 3500+ Socket 939 Venice Core
TwinMOS 1GB DDR400 Dual-Channel Kit (2x512MB)
Seagate 160Gb 7200rpm 8 mb Cache NCQ Serial ATA
Gigabyte GA-NX66T128VP GeForce 6600GT VIVO TurboForce PCI Expres
Foxconn ATX326 Midi Tower 11-1 Card Reader Hyena 350W front USB2.0 case fan
PCI-E hole
LiteOn SOHW-1673S Dual Layer 16x
Have tried MSCONFIG & BOOTVIS & DEFRAG

I had the same problem after installing a Lexmark P6250 printer that has a
USB 2.0 card reader built in. The problem arose because it was in the same
USB path with an internal combination floppy/card reader. By moving the
USB cable for the printer to a different USB path, it resolved the boot
issue. The delay was during BIOS.........I think it was getting confused
trying to distinguish the two different card readers (just a guess on my
part, but, moving the USB connections resolved the issue). Just for
grins......move your card reader to a different USB path. I know it
shouldn't make any difference, but, mine did.
Heirloom, old and whatever works