Want an upgrade card to play Delta Force series

G

I have a 450 celeron running on an old Abit Bh6 board--which i don't think supports 4x agp. Right now I have a 4 meg Diamond viper 330--don't laugh it was a good card when i bought it :D.

Anyway, i'd like to play DF2 in at least 640x480 resolution and get decent resolution in Land Warrior. Does anyone out ther have a similar configuration or have any suggestions?? If I can't do that w/ my current processor setup and an upgraded vido card then I'll just wait and get a new system.

Thanks

G

OK, maybe i'm asking the wrong questions. So here goes, does anyone know what would be the limiting factor on a system running the delta force/land warrior voxel engine.

The game uses D3D, but other than than I'm not sure what benchmark information to look for when selecting a video card. It seems pretty hard to find much information on cards to use with voxel based games.

G

There is a little problem with voxel games, this little problem is that take no advantage of the 3d chip, the game uses sprites, it does not use polygons, so it uses 2d capabilities of the card.

As 2d is very similar for all cards, the processor is what makes the difference here.

The best thing you can do is upgrade your processor, as upgrading your 3d card will not improve the speed for this game.

G

You might find that df3 runs a heack of a lot better than the d1 or d2. as they revampd the engine quite alot
eg i used to run d2 on a cell600 with a voodo3 and it ran like crap.. in 640/480

then i played d3 and it ran like a dream....in highr rez's

good luck

Ric