Windows Start-up Programs

Hello,

I have recently been battling spyware, and viruses on my computer. One thing
I have noticed different is programs that automatically start-up.
I went into the services program, in Administrative Tools. and here are some
things on the list I found questionable. I was hoping someone could tell me
if they are indeed spyware.

I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE
Personal.

Here is the list of services;
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvsl\kfdrk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cllsmaq\kmsyoak.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\deqcvit\ktsnveei.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\htmjjodh\uxgjrrrg.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyyrjax\uuenk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\urntk\rftaexy.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmhxid\ogpgurjd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnrv\nibgx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpulmmi\lqid.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjedoaq\hrtnefbb.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\andamgw\fiayqqk.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkhk\dwateol.exe

All these services are currently disabled, and not running. I was just
hoping someone could tell me if this is indeed spyware or not.

Thanks to you all.
4 answers Last reply
More about windows start programs

    HEy thanks alot guys. I really appreciate your help. This informaton is
    exactly what I needed.

    Thanks again

    "Burkeer" wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently been battling spyware, and viruses on my computer. One thing
    > I have noticed different is programs that automatically start-up.
    > I went into the services program, in Administrative Tools. and here are some
    > things on the list I found questionable. I was hoping someone could tell me
    > if they are indeed spyware.
    >
    > I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE
    > Personal.
    >
    > Here is the list of services;
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvsl\kfdrk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cllsmaq\kmsyoak.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\deqcvit\ktsnveei.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\htmjjodh\uxgjrrrg.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyyrjax\uuenk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\urntk\rftaexy.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmhxid\ogpgurjd.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnrv\nibgx.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpulmmi\lqid.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjedoaq\hrtnefbb.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\andamgw\fiayqqk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkhk\dwateol.exe
    >
    > All these services are currently disabled, and not running. I was just
    > hoping someone could tell me if this is indeed spyware or not.
    >
    > Thanks to you all.

    Not one of the *.exe files returned anything in Googles Searches. This is a
    good indication that those files are virusus or spyware.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:677034A3-7C78-439F-B9B0-9DECBEC54792@microsoft.com,
    Burkeer <Burkeer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently been battling spyware, and viruses on my computer. One
    > thing I have noticed different is programs that automatically start-up.
    > I went into the services program, in Administrative Tools. and here are
    > some things on the list I found questionable. I was hoping someone could
    > tell me if they are indeed spyware.
    >
    > I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE
    > Personal.
    >
    > Here is the list of services;
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvsl\kfdrk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cllsmaq\kmsyoak.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\deqcvit\ktsnveei.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\htmjjodh\uxgjrrrg.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyyrjax\uuenk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\urntk\rftaexy.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmhxid\ogpgurjd.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnrv\nibgx.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpulmmi\lqid.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjedoaq\hrtnefbb.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\andamgw\fiayqqk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkhk\dwateol.exe
    >
    > All these services are currently disabled, and not running. I was just
    > hoping someone could tell me if this is indeed spyware or not.
    >
    > Thanks to you all.

    All are most likely spyware.

    You cannot remove spyware and viruses by yourself. You need removal
    software. Often it takes several tries with different removal software
    before you are successful. Sometimes, no amount of removal software will fix
    an infected computer. In that event, your only recourse is to wipe your hard
    disk clean and start from scratch.
    --
    Ted Zieglar
    "You can do it if you try."

    "Burkeer" <Burkeer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have recently been battling spyware, and viruses on my computer. One
    thing
    > I have noticed different is programs that automatically start-up.
    > I went into the services program, in Administrative Tools. and here are
    some
    > things on the list I found questionable. I was hoping someone could tell
    me
    > if they are indeed spyware.
    >
    > I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE
    > Personal.
    >
    > Here is the list of services;
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvsl\kfdrk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\cllsmaq\kmsyoak.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\deqcvit\ktsnveei.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\htmjjodh\uxgjrrrg.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyyrjax\uuenk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\urntk\rftaexy.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmhxid\ogpgurjd.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnrv\nibgx.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpulmmi\lqid.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjedoaq\hrtnefbb.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\andamgw\fiayqqk.exe
    > C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkhk\dwateol.exe
    >
    > All these services are currently disabled, and not running. I was just
    > hoping someone could tell me if this is indeed spyware or not.
    >
    > Thanks to you all.

    Burkeer,

    I second what Wesley said. Undoubtedly, your system is infected by Malware.
    Random filenames are usually a sign of malware or trojan infection in the
    system. Follow the malware removal advice listed here:
    http://aumha.org/a/quickfix.php. The quickfix methodology helps in
    eliminating most of the malware, but some require user intervention and
    examination of the HijackThis log. If that is the case follow step 8. "IF
    THERE IS STILL A PROBLEM"

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > Not one of the *.exe files returned anything in Googles Searches. This is
    > good indication that those files are virusus or spyware.
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:677034A3-7C78-439F-B9B0-9DECBEC54792@microsoft.com,
    > Burkeer <Burkeer@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> I have recently been battling spyware, and viruses on my computer. One
    >> thing I have noticed different is programs that automatically start-up.
    >> I went into the services program, in Administrative Tools. and here are
    >> some things on the list I found questionable. I was hoping someone could
    >> tell me if they are indeed spyware.
    >>
    >> I have Spybot Search & Destroy, Microsoft AntiSpyware, and Ad-Aware SE
    >> Personal.
    >>
    >> Here is the list of services;
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\kvsl\kfdrk.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\cllsmaq\kmsyoak.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\deqcvit\ktsnveei.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\htmjjodh\uxgjrrrg.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\nyyrjax\uuenk.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\urntk\rftaexy.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\kmhxid\ogpgurjd.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\xnrv\nibgx.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\xpulmmi\lqid.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\wjedoaq\hrtnefbb.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\andamgw\fiayqqk.exe
    >> C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkhk\dwateol.exe
    >>
    >> All these services are currently disabled, and not running. I was just
    >> hoping someone could tell me if this is indeed spyware or not.
    >>
    >> Thanks to you all.

System32 Microsoft Spyware Windows XP