Re-install of XP Home~~

July 13, 2005 1:58:31 PM

I am now listed as 'Owner'.

Is there some way to change listing to drybones?

Thanks

More about : install home

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:47:03 AM

I believe "Owner" is the name of the built-in Administrator account in OEM
versions of XP. If that's the case, creating an user account (of type
"administrator") should hide the built-in Administrator account. For more
information on creating user accounts, see the MS Knowledgebase article URL
provided at the bottom of this message:

To Create a New User Account

1.Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
2.Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.
3.Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.

©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

More Information

How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message
>I am now listed as 'Owner'.
>
> Is there some way to change listing to drybones?
>
> Thanks

July 14, 2005 2:47:04 AM

Just super response. I bow to your expertise. :^)
Many thanks,
drybones

news:o Fscq68hFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>I believe "Owner" is the name of the built-in Administrator account in OEM
>versions of XP. If that's the case, creating an user account (of type
>"administrator") should hide the built-in Administrator account. For more
>information on creating user accounts, see the MS Knowledgebase article URL
>provided at the bottom of this message:
>
> To Create a New User Account
>
> 1.Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
> 2.Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click Next.
> 3.Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.
>
> ©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>
> More Information
>
> How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP:
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>I am now listed as 'Owner'.
>>
>> Is there some way to change listing to drybones?
>>
>> Thanks

July 14, 2005 2:53:40 AM

Very welcome drybones :-)

--

> Just super response. I bow to your expertise. :^)
> Many thanks,
> drybones
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o Fscq68hFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>I believe "Owner" is the name of the built-in Administrator account in OEM
>>versions of XP. If that's the case, creating an user account (of type
>>"administrator") should hide the built-in Administrator account. For more
>>information on creating user accounts, see the MS Knowledgebase article
>>URL provided at the bottom of this message:
>>
>> To Create a New User Account
>>
>> 1.Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
>> 2.Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click
>> Next.
>> 3.Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.
>>
>> ©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>>
>> More Information
>>
>> How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>>I am now listed as 'Owner'.
>>>
>>> Is there some way to change listing to drybones?
>>>
>>> Thanks

July 14, 2005 2:53:41 AM

Ramesh,
Where the heck is this, "Pick a Task list box" located?

news:o CscX%238hFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Very welcome drybones :-)
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Just super response. I bow to your expertise. :^)
>> Many thanks,
>> drybones
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:o Fscq68hFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>>>I believe "Owner" is the name of the built-in Administrator account in
>>>OEM versions of XP. If that's the case, creating an user account (of type
>>>"administrator") should hide the built-in Administrator account. For more
>>>information on creating user accounts, see the MS Knowledgebase article
>>>URL provided at the bottom of this message:
>>>
>>> To Create a New User Account
>>>
>>> 1.Click Create a new account in the Pick a task list box.
>>> 2.Type the name that you want to use for the account, and then click
>>> Next.
>>> 3.Select the desired account type, and then click Create Account.
>>>
>>> ©2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
>>>
>>> More Information
>>>
>>> How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:53:42 AM

[[ To open the User Accounts tool, open Control Panel from the Start menu,
and then double click User Accounts. ]]
How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783

Click the link and read the article.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:o z9pjF9hFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
drybones <drybones@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
> Ramesh,
> Where the heck is this, "Pick a Task list box" located?
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:o CscX%238hFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> Very welcome drybones :-)
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Just super response. I bow to your expertise. :^)
>>> Many thanks,
>>> drybones
>>>

>>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> news:o Fscq68hFHA.2072@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...

July 14, 2005 2:53:43 AM

Excellent!!!! Name "Owner" is now "drybones"
Many thanks

> [[ To open the User Accounts tool, open Control Panel from the Start menu,
> and then double click User Accounts. ]]
> How To Create and Configure User Accounts in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=279783
>
> Click the link and read the article.
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:o z9pjF9hFHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
> drybones <drybones@nospam.com> hunted and pecked:
>> Ramesh,
>> Where the heck is this, "Pick a Task list box" located?
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:o CscX%238hFHA.2444@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>>> Very welcome drybones :-)
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>>

>>> "drybones" <drybones@nospam.com> wrote in message

July 14, 2005 2:53:44 AM

I had the same problem, although it really is not a problem.
I have noticed that if you change the name of the "owner" account to
something else it does not change the name of the folder for the "owner"
account.
The only way to have the folder be anything besides "owner" is by creating a
new account and deleting the owner account from that.
!