My XPS M140 (other name is Inspiron 630m in Europe) suddenly shut down with no message, just direct ! and never boot again.
While trying to power, the LEDS switch on (no flash), spin start a little, hard disk also, and then all is going OFF.
Sometimes it succeded to trying to access the BIOS. Then quickly the progress bar freeze.
- it is the same issue while on battery (which is fine), and on DC power cable (with battery removed)
- I have changed the mother board for a new one : no success, exactly same issue
- I have changed the CPU : no success
- both RAM are OK (tested on another machine)
- I removed HDD : no success, same behavior, no BIOS, no message, just LED on and then all switch off.
- I removed the optical drive : no success, same behavior
What is strange, is that I succeded two times to boot, I dont know why. But when on windows desktop after one minute, all froze. Mouse froze. HDD froze. But the screen keep displaying the desktop without any other possibility than manually switch off.
Is there any component, which I have not tested or replaced, which could produced this phenomenom ?
- I was thinking perhaps on the DC power jack USB board (small electronic board near the power jack). The new motherboard I bought did not contains this part. So it is still the old one on my machine. Could it be the source of the issue ?
- I was thinking also of another electronic component, under the power button. it contains, the power button and the leds. This part is soldered to the palm rest. Could it be the source of the issue ?
I just would like to understand what is going wrong.