JPEG IMAGE

I am trying to upload an image to a website and I am getting a message to
make the image smaller to 100KB. How do I do this and will it mess up the
file for later use?
--
WANDA
3 answers Last reply

    Sometimes all you have to do is open it with MS Paint (using File-Open) -
    then save it, preferably with a different file name.

    "WANDA" <WANDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am trying to upload an image to a website and I am getting a message to
    > make the image smaller to 100KB. How do I do this and will it mess up the
    > file for later use?
    > --
    > WANDA

    Wanda,
    Two ways you can do this. In either case, you need an image editing
    program, such as IrfanView (www.irfanview.com - it's free)

    Resize the image, so that it has fewer pixels, and thus will display smaller
    on the web page destination

    -or-

    Save it with a greater compression setting, thus reducing the quality of the
    image, but maintaining its physical size.

    In either case, save the modification as a new file (File/Save As...) so
    that you don't affect your original image. You may have to experiment with
    either method to find a setting that just meets the 100KB limit while
    maintaining the best image size/quality that you find acceptable

    Val
    --
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "We've secretly switched the dilithium crystals with new Folger's
    "WANDA" <WANDA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    I am trying to upload an image to a website and I am getting a message to
    make the image smaller to 100KB. How do I do this and will it mess up the
    file for later use?
    --
    WANDA

    Check out the "Image Resizer" available in XP Power toys - when installed it
    can be accessed by right clicking image and choosing resize from content
    menu.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

Support Microsoft Windows XP