Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace

Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup?? Let
me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50 dollars??
There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong. There
sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures but
then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

your better off ebaying them with no reserve, trust me.
I've sold lots of parts on the group, however.

Troy,

Ace <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
> Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup?? Let
> me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
dollars??
> There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
There
> sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures
but
> then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

NOPE
You should just give them to the goodwill. You can use the total for a
tax right off and make more than you can here. You spend your time
posting a nice ad and then waste your time sending pictures and then
these asses won't email you back. For me it's hard to send pic for i am
stuck with this Web tv junk and i have to send one pic per email. So
that takes some time and AGAIN no reply. A simple no not interested or
your games are junk just nothing.

In the past i have had better luck selling here bt now i guess game
sales are at rock bottom. It seems like the past 2 years it's easier to
part these classics out and sell on ebay. Ihad a fair Star Wars
project. I only wanted $450 for it and the best offer i could get here
was $225.00 I made over $600.00 on ebay for the parts??? Gee i would
rather keep the clssics alive but not here.

Go ahead everyone bash me down but you know it's true.

Jeff

Umm.... can't say that I ever bought a "working" game from the group... lots
of parts, cabinets, broken stuff... but nothing that I could acutally just
plug-in and play... (actually, I LIKE the challenge of fixing stuff... if
it's to easy then *I* don't get my fun out of the machine, just the kids...
and what's with that?).

I have a feeling that most of the people here look for either: the really
cheap stuff, or the really high-priced rare items...

I highly doubt that if you listed a nice pac-man for $800 here that you
would get any takers... $250 maybe, but not $800.

On the other hand if you listed a nice dedicated Major Havoc for $3K you're
probably have it sold in a day or two...

"Ace" <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
> Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup?? Let
> me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
> dollars??
> There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
> There
> sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures
> but
> then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

>NOPE
>You should just give them to the goodwill. You can use the total for a
>tax right off and make more than you can here.

That would greatly depend on your tax situation.

I donated a car last year, and ended up getting nothing off on my
taxes, to my surprise. Would have been better off getting the $500+
dollars I easily could have got for it. So be careful if your going
to donate games and expect to get anything. You better have your
taxes carefully figured out.

I'd be willing to bet if you ask reasonable prices you'd be able to
sell some games. I'd think plenty of games sell on here in the $150
- $400 range.

Which games are you trying to sell? Do you have something people
want? That could be the problem.

I've bought a few machines here, and plenty of parts. The machines
were each well above $50.

I'm in RI, and am currently looking for a reasonably priced Asteroids
& a Space Duel, Gravitar or Black Widow. I've found a few lately, but
at eBay prices. Seems like I should be able to do a little better
than that on here. I'd also consider non-working if the price were
right. From what I can tell, none of them have sold here, so if
anyone wants to make a reasonable deal let me know.

Can pick up in RI, MA & parts of CT + NH and also save you on the
hassle of shipping & expense of eBaying,

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 23:15:36 -0500, MRTRON@webtv.net wrote:

>NOPE
>You should just give them to the goodwill. You can use the total for a
>tax right off and make more than you can here. You spend your time
>posting a nice ad and then waste your time sending pictures and then
>these asses won't email you back. For me it's hard to send pic for i am
>stuck with this Web tv junk and i have to send one pic per email. So
>that takes some time and AGAIN no reply. A simple no not interested or
>your games are junk just nothing.
>
>In the past i have had better luck selling here bt now i guess game
>sales are at rock bottom. It seems like the past 2 years it's easier to
>part these classics out and sell on ebay. Ihad a fair Star Wars
>project. I only wanted $450 for it and the best offer i could get here
>was $225.00 I made over $600.00 on ebay for the parts??? Gee i would
>rather keep the clssics alive but not here.
>
>Go ahead everyone bash me down but you know it's true.
>
> Jeff

I've sold and bought lots of stuff from this group. You never know who
is reading and needs an obscure part. If your like me you think about
how all the different things to do to get your collection the way you
want it and what you might need. Some recent stuff I purchased or sold
directly from this group in the past year:

Assault UR - Sold
Tron mini - Sold
Frenzy ZPU - Bought
Multi-Williams JAMMA PCB - Sold

Mike
www.habos-arcade.com

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005 22:31:00 -0500, Ace wrote:

> Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup?? Let
> me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50 dollars??
> There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong. There
> sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures but
> then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

Yep.
Off the top of my head I bought:
working Sinistar
non-working Millipede upright
2 tempest cabinets
non-working asteroids
working time pilot
working Rampage
non-working 720

I sold:
working Millipede cocktail
non-working Millipede upright (I got it working, then it stopped after I
fixed the power supply :( and didn't notice until it was picked up :((
working Sinistar
2 Tempest cabinets
non-working asteroids
working time pilot
working Rampage

Not that I have a lot of experience, but I'd say things generally go
cheaper on the newsgroups than on Ebay, but not by a whole lot. Most of
what I got on the Newsgroups I've resold, mostly because it either was
beyond me to fix, or I got it cheap in the first place and wasn't one of
my 'real' wants.

Rick

Not everyone that browses this group is cheap.. I would say most of the
regular posters have their sources so they can get stuff cheaper but there
are some people who lurk and post once in a great while who do buy stuff.
Some folks don't have the sources to find stuff cheaper. I've sold stuff in
here for anywhere from free to $1000. Basically, I think it just comes down
to the right buyer at the right time. I almost always post what I'm going
to ebay here first. Sometimes I'll get lucky and sometimes the stuff will
just go to ebay. No big deal if it doesn't sell here. I posted a Black
Widow here, then to ebay, then back to here and it sold here. I was asking
$500 obo and I got $450 (I think) for it and it was in really nice shape
with the side art and everything.

just my 2¢

Scott

"Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> your better off ebaying them with no reserve, trust me.
> I've sold lots of parts on the group, however.
>
> Troy,
>

> Ace <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
> > Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup??
Let
> > me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
> dollars??
> > There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
> There
> > sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures
> but
> > then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

> Umm.... can't say that I ever bought a "working" game from the group... lots
> of parts, cabinets, broken stuff... but nothing that I could acutally just
> plug-in and play... (actually, I LIKE the challenge of fixing stuff... if
> it's to easy then *I* don't get my fun out of the machine, just the kids...
> and what's with that?).

Same here. I love the challenge of fixing a game and restoring it. After
it's done, I'll play it for a bit, but soon I get bored and want another one
to work on. :)

When I read in here, I do look for the "dead" deals. I don't limit it
financially to a cheap deal, but they get top priority. I also will NOT
ship a game. Way too costly on top of the buying price.

Maybe the complainer is just in a bad area? Location DOES mean a LOT.

Bill

The thing is, what really determines the price of a game?
Answer....EBAY. And thats the trouble. Someone sees a game go for say
$800...and right away they put their same game on ebay thinking thats
what it is worth. I'm not cheap, but i'm not going to over pay for
something that I know if I wait a little bit longer a better deal will
come my way. Saw a Pengo Machine go for $250, nice condition...lost it
cuz i was at work at the time of closing. But then the next week
someone put one up for bid starting at $900. Come on. The way I look
at it, is that ebay is all about making money. I thought the
newsgroups were about helping out a fellow collector, and not about
getting every last dime out of selling an item on here. If you are
looking for that, sell it on ebay.

Mike
--
http://www.freewebs.com/arcadelinks/

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I had a guy recently who nit picked on price after we already agreed on a
price.
When I send you all my info, dealing is over. Nit pick all you want before
hand.
better for me anyway, so off to ebay it when I sold it for $350 more than
the guy wanted to nit pick on it.
Go ebay, it's a better option. no nit picking and you get paid.

Troy,

thrushguy <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not everyone that browses this group is cheap.. I would say most of the
> regular posters have their sources so they can get stuff cheaper but there
> are some people who lurk and post once in a great while who do buy stuff.
> Some folks don't have the sources to find stuff cheaper. I've sold stuff
in
> here for anywhere from free to $1000. Basically, I think it just comes
down
> to the right buyer at the right time. I almost always post what I'm going
> to ebay here first. Sometimes I'll get lucky and sometimes the stuff will
> just go to ebay. No big deal if it doesn't sell here. I posted a Black
> Widow here, then to ebay, then back to here and it sold here. I was
asking
> $500 obo and I got $450 (I think) for it and it was in really nice shape
> with the side art and everything.
>
> just my 2¢
>
> Scott
>

> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
> > your better off ebaying them with no reserve, trust me.
> > I've sold lots of parts on the group, however.
> >
> > Troy,
> >

> > Ace <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
> > > Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup??
> Let
> > > me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
> > dollars??
> > > There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
> > There
> > > sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send
pictures
> > but
> > > then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

My experience leads me to post parts and projects on this newsgroup.
Fully restored games go to eBay, local buyers or sometimes my website
finds a buyer.

I buy projects and parts from this news group. When I am looking here
I am looking for part and projects. If I buy a working game it needs
something: side art, Audio fixes, something. I also hope to find the
ocassional bulk deal from Sebastian or someone within 100 miles.

I buy parts for less than $50. I don't think I bought anything here
over $400 / game.

Lance

I'm fairly new to all of this, and my collection now stands at four
machines and a few boards. I bought three of the machines from the
newsgroup, one of which I wanted bad enough to pay shipping, that being
my Turkey Shoot. The other two were relatively local, and for a good
price, so I was willing to drive to pick them up. My fourth machine I
found through an eBay posting, but it wasn't auctioned, just mentioned.
I contacted the guy and negotiated a price. Thus far my purchases
have all been fairly smooth.

Now that I have the machines I wanted the most, I'm lurking and
watching for second tier games and good deals... If anyone in the
Pacific NW has a Midway Bump 'n Jump for cheap in good cosmetic shape,
drop me a line!

Lance

Andre

I have both bought and sold games on this group but if I want top $ on a
game I advertise in the local paper.

Andre
www.arcadesolution.com

"Ace" <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
> Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup?? Let
> me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
> dollars??
> There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
> There
> sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send pictures
> but
> then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

Mike

Splendid

Yeah, I bought the Black Widow from Scott.

Nice machine, works great.

I look on here all the time, Have purchased several machines from here.
"thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Not everyone that browses this group is cheap.. I would say most of the
> regular posters have their sources so they can get stuff cheaper but there
> are some people who lurk and post once in a great while who do buy stuff.
> Some folks don't have the sources to find stuff cheaper. I've sold stuff
> in
> here for anywhere from free to $1000. Basically, I think it just comes
> down
> to the right buyer at the right time. I almost always post what I'm going
> to ebay here first. Sometimes I'll get lucky and sometimes the stuff will
> just go to ebay. No big deal if it doesn't sell here. I posted a Black
> Widow here, then to ebay, then back to here and it sold here. I was
> asking
> $500 obo and I got $450 (I think) for it and it was in really nice shape
> with the side art and everything.
>
> just my 2¢
>
> Scott
>

> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
>> your better off ebaying them with no reserve, trust me.
>> I've sold lots of parts on the group, however.
>>
>> Troy,
>>

>> Ace <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
>> > Just curious but does anyone actually buy games from this newsgroup??
> Let
>> > me clear that up. Does anyone buy games that are not less then 50
>> dollars??
>> > There doesn't seem to be much sold that I can tell. I could be wrong.
>> There
>> > sure are a lot of people who have you go to the trouble to send
>> > pictures
>> but
>> > then they never respond after that. Any thoughts on this??

I've bought and sold many games from this group. I think it works quite
nicely. You'll always have people that back out of a deal, even on eBay.
Sure it's annoying, but that's life. There are always little annoyances.
Deal with it and move on.

Adam

"Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> Yeah, I bought the Black Widow from Scott.
>
> Nice machine, works great.
>
> I look on here all the time, Have purchased several machines from here.
> "thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Not everyone that browses this group is cheap.. I would say most of the
>> regular posters have their sources so they can get stuff cheaper but
>> there
>> are some people who lurk and post once in a great while who do buy stuff.
>> Some folks don't have the sources to find stuff cheaper. I've sold stuff
>> in
>> here for anywhere from free to $1000. Basically, I think it just comes
>> down
>> to the right buyer at the right time. I almost always post what I'm
>> going
>> to ebay here first. Sometimes I'll get lucky and sometimes the stuff
>> will
>> just go to ebay. No big deal if it doesn't sell here. I posted a Black
>> Widow here, then to ebay, then back to here and it sold here. I was
>> asking
>> $500 obo and I got $450 (I think) for it and it was in really nice shape
>> with the side art and everything.
>>
>> just my 2¢
>>
>> Scott
>>

>> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message
>>> your better off ebaying them with no reserve, trust me.
>>> I've sold lots of parts on the group, however.
>>>
>>> Troy,
>>>

>>> Ace <odysseyarcade@cox.net> wrote in message
>> Let
>>> dollars??
>>> There
>>> but

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

my guy wasn't backing out, he just wanted to nit pick after the fact.
I killed the deal.

Troy,

Adam Dare <adam_AT_msn_DOT_com> wrote in message
> I've bought and sold many games from this group. I think it works quite
> nicely. You'll always have people that back out of a deal, even on eBay.
> Sure it's annoying, but that's life. There are always little annoyances.
> Deal with it and move on.
>
> Adam
>
> "Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > Yeah, I bought the Black Widow from Scott.
> >
> > Nice machine, works great.
> >
> > I look on here all the time, Have purchased several machines from here.
> > "thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >> Not everyone that browses this group is cheap.. I would say most of
the
> >> regular posters have their sources so they can get stuff cheaper but
> >> there
> >> are some people who lurk and post once in a great while who do buy
stuff.
> >> Some folks don't have the sources to find stuff cheaper. I've sold
stuff
> >> in
> >> here for anywhere from free to $1000. Basically, I think it just comes
> >> down
> >> to the right buyer at the right time. I almost always post what I'm
> >> going
> >> to ebay here first. Sometimes I'll get lucky and sometimes the stuff
> >> will
> >> just go to ebay. No big deal if it doesn't sell here. I posted a
Black
> >> Widow here, then to ebay, then back to here and it sold here. I was
> >> asking
> >> $500 obo and I got $450 (I think) for it and it was in really nice
shape
> >> with the side art and everything.
> >>
> >> just my 2¢
> >>
> >> Scott
> >>

> >> "Troy" <troyl@lvcm.com> wrote in message

> >> Let

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

maybe I should add, that this was on a pinball machine, in RGP.
maybe pin heads I worse to deal with on pins.
always had good dealings with the video heads.

Troy,

> my guy wasn't backing out, he just wanted to nit pick after the fact.
> I killed the deal.
>
> Troy,
>

> Adam Dare <adam_AT_msn_DOT_com> wrote in message
> > I've bought and sold many games from this group. I think it works quite
> > nicely. You'll always have people that back out of a deal, even on
eBay.
> > Sure it's annoying, but that's life. There are always little
annoyances.
> > Deal with it and move on.
> >
> > Adam
> >
> > "Mike" <jnhutch@ev1.net> wrote in message
> > > Yeah, I bought the Black Widow from Scott.
> > >
> > > Nice machine, works great.
> > >
> > > I look on here all the time, Have purchased several machines from
here.
> > > "thrushguy" <garons@comcast.net> wrote in message
> the
> stuff.
> stuff
> Black
> shape

> newsgroup??
> wrong.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Buy, sell, trade and meet people. Most of the collectors in my state I've
met via ads and posts here, as well as a few from neighboring states. -dan

Troy

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2003

I hear that, everybody I've met and dealt with in Vegas is great.
And so.cal for that matter. Have found some great hookup's.

Troy,

Dan <ten@u.washington.edu> wrote in message
> Buy, sell, trade and meet people. Most of the collectors in my state I've
> met via ads and posts here, as well as a few from neighboring states. -dan

I bought one from the group and was happy also.

Todd "GravitaR"