william

I have a game called Red Alert 2 and it keeps getting access violations when
I try to install it or run it.
It recieves 0xc0000096 and 0xc0000005 error codes, but the 96 one is the
most frequent.
I know this is not a problem cuased by the game since at one point it was
running fine on both of my PCs, which have different system specs.
The game ran fine with service pack 2 so it has to be something between sp2
and now.
I currently have a fresh install of XP thinking that would do it but it did
not work.
Got any sollutions or work arounds?
Thanks in advance.

Install the game to the %allusersprofile%/ folders

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"William" <v-ger@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:ufx0u%23$hFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I have a game called Red Alert 2 and it keeps getting access violations when I try to install it or run it.
> It recieves 0xc0000096 and 0xc0000005 error codes, but the 96 one is the most frequent.
> I know this is not a problem cuased by the game since at one point it was running fine on both of my PCs, which have different
> system specs.
> The game ran fine with service pack 2 so it has to be something between sp2 and now.
> I currently have a fresh install of XP thinking that would do it but it did not work.
> Got any sollutions or work arounds?
> Thanks in advance.

william

Maybe I should of made it a little clearer.

The install program does not run, it crashes as soon as I load it.
The install has the same error as when I tried to run the game.

It is not the game causing the problem; it is Windows causing a problem in
the game.
I had it installed and running perfectly before I recently ran Windows
update.

TRENDING THREADS