Hercules 3D GTS PRO won't work with Abit KT7 m/b

G

I have recently purchased a new Guillemot Hercules 3D Prophet II GTS PRO video card and an Abit KT7-100 RAID motherboard.

However, I cannot get the video card to work AT ALL on the Abit motherboard, which is based on the VIA KT133 chipset and Award BIOS for AMD Athlon processors.

All I get from powering up my PC is one long beep, followed by 2 short beeps. The PC doesn't get to display anything on the (new) monitor as no signal is sent to it. After checking various web sites for the beep codes, I have determined that the error is related to the video card.

I have removed and reseated the video card in the AGP slot countless times, but I have not got it to work at all. I have however, tried this GTS PRO card in another PC, and it does allow the PC to boot, though I didn't install all the drivers to determine that all the 3D features work ok.

I don't have access to another AGP video card to test my motherboard and its AGP slot, so I can't determine fully whether the problem is with the seating of the card in the AGP slot, or my motherboard, or compatibility issues.

The card does seem to be seated properly

Is anyone aware of any issues with using my Hercules card with the Abit motherboard, chipset, BIOS, processor etc?

Is there anything else I can do to get this card working on my new system?

thanking you in advance for any info - as it's been very frustrating to put this PC together and not be able to use it...

Thanks,
Rossy

G

some info should anyone read the original post (by me! ;-)... I've found some info on another site after more 'research'! - (http://www.icrontic.com/faqs/kt7faq/kt7faq.htm) which has a lot of great info on Abit KT7-100's, including using this (and other Abit m'boards) with certain graphic cards.

I found a page there that informed me (via info from the Guillemot/Hercules support) that the Herc GTS PRO card I purchased specifically for the Abit motherboard does NOT work due to compatibilty issues with the m'board. There is a US phone number to call to exchange the card for a modified one that will apparently work with my graphics card.
There is also info on changing the 'driving control' settings in the BIOS which could solve other compatibility issues between m'boards and AGP cards.