Play music on network computer

I have set up a home network with a laptop and a desktop computer. I have
my desktop connected on the stereo and I am trying to play a music file on
the desktop computer by using the laptop. Is there a way I can do that?

Thank you in advance
1 answer Last reply
More about play music network computer

    As far as I know that is not possible by basic means.
    Usually when you access another computer's files you end up running them on
    your computer and not on their computer.
    You can possible make a program that can interface with media player on that
    computer and get it to load the music.
    You can try remote assistance thru windows messenger which will allow you to
    control the other PC, but over the internet.
    You can also try one of those remote desktop programs.
    I think your best bet would be to get a remote for your pc with XP Media
    Center or you can get a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 with live drive which comes
    with a remote and allows for control of media.

Laptops Desktops Music Computers Windows XP