MMORPG...best one for you?

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
I wanna start doing MMORPG...only time I play them is if a demo or beta test is out...played AC2 for around 1 week but theres something lacking out of it to the point that maybe in a month I'd get bored with it already. Other than that I tried AO for 7 days and it was ok but am not a fan of sci-fi. Did E&B too for a week but again sci-fi and too much spaceships.

I hear MMORPGs like Shadowbane will allow you to have shops to sell items you get on quests or craft and you can build your own house or other buildings which will change the face of the world you are in. Does EQ have those. I can't wait to start playing and hehe paying of course. Certainly can't wait for WoW!!! am a fan of WC.

DAoC any good? I basically look for graphics first then gameplay so at elast it'll last me more than 1-3 months, better more than that.

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
I did singup for SWG and other up n coming MMORPGs. I really want to stick with 1 MMORPG so it would be more fulfilling. I hate the fact that EQ2 and WoW won't be out for a year or 2 years!

I'll try SWG since it has amde a mark to me and many other ppl through the movies. Some MMORPGs are just lacking the new features that are being added to up n coming MMORPGs. Right now what hinders me from trying other MMORPGs other than AC2 is graphics. I do like my graphics sweet to the eyes..hehe..but AC2 has been branded to have no depth and is fueled mostly by it's sweet looks. They do promise monthly episodes and adding mounts, structure/city building and other stuff but I hope if I order AC2 they won't break those promises. I just really want to start my first MMORPG experience.

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
I heard swg is horrible
but I also heard that E&B pwns!

I don't pay to play myself, i can't afford it, and it's lame.

hartski

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2002
I don't like sci-fi...I could choose Anarchy Online but it's sci-fi...man can't wait for WoW or EQ2! Hope beta testing comes very soon!

toggenberg

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2002
I play Lineage and find it fun.The graphics are a little lame but it plays well.3 servers are available and you can have 3 characters on each one.A total of 9 characters.They are starting the 3rd server today.Lands of Aden it will be in betta for awhile.They are also suppose to launch Lineage 2 which will have better graphics.You can play for a month for free when you sign up.

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
I have played alot of MMORPGs and I fine everyone is lacking something.

I play AC 1, the only MMORPG that I have stuck with. They do have updates all the time, story updates, gameplay updates and etc. Of course the people in the game is what really makes it. I assume AC 2 will have updates also.

the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

dhlucke

Polypheme
MMORPG: Mega Massive online roleplaying game, or something.

<font color=red>
<A HREF="http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?dhlucke" target="_new">Forum Assassin</A></font color=red>

the_Prisoner

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2002
MMORPG means Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game.

I love playing MUDs too! Who remembers what MUD means, and what is a MOB in a MUD or a MMORPG?

What was the first MUD? Fun stuff these MUDs. I started playing them on BBSs.

Regards,
the Prisoner

I'm not a number, I'm a free man! :mad:

Esso

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2001
E&B = Earth and Beyond (and EA space arcade, diablo'y kinda games)
WoW = World of Warcraft
EQ2 = Everquest 2 aka evercrack (it's addicting so i hear)
DOA = Dark Age of Camelot

that should get you started!

Twitch

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003
I tried playing Everquest, and it seemed like it was just a pretty world with a bunch of similar looking characters running to and fro, fighting monsters that mysteriously appeared out of nowhere in some sort of freakish, neverending monster wave, and I never knew what I should be doing. Seemed like there was no story. Was I missing something?

<-----Insert witty sig line here.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
MUD is Multi-User-Dungeon. They were text-based telnet games played wayyyyyyyy back in the early '90's (back in the nineteen-hundreds). Was the first one maybe one of the Zork games?

Pettytheft

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2001
You missed alot but be glad you did. Things are kinda boring until you hit level 20 then it starts to get addictive.

Be glad you didn't get it.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Synthious

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2003
i've been playin everqurack for lil over 2 years now. yea ther is a story line there, you just have to look for it and talk to npc's (non player characters)to get it or read the book/scrolls you find in various zones. the game doesnt start till after lvl 20, thats a given. up till then its a practice session for you to learn how to play your character effectivly and learn how to do the triger phrases for quests given out by npc's. what make the game really addictive is the friends you meet while playin. some folks i know and normaly look for when i get online i have known since i was in my early preteen lvls.