G

Is the ATI Readon VE similar to the LE model ????
or is there a differece; or is the VE the mobile edition with only one pixel-pipeline?

Thanx
TuZ

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Yes there are differences. Appears that the LE graphic card is not manufactured by ATI just the Radeon chip is ATI's, running at 148mhz. If you notice, ATI site does not mention anything about the LE Radeon card. VE has Dual DAC (digital-to-analog converters),single 3 texture pipeline vice 2 on the LE. Plus the VE card is manufactured by ATI themselves.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
The Rage Theater chip does the Video In and Video Out. Most 32mb Radeon cards OEM/Retail except the AIW do not process a Rage Theater chip. LE radeons don't either. Remember that the DVD decoding is done in the Radeon chip not the Rage Theater chip, so the DVD ability of the LE is just as good as any other Radeon.

Kodiak

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hmmm... I was under the impression that Rage Theater had a lot to do with some of DVD effects... I'll have to check up on that one...

G

The LE is missing it for sure, but I've looked at other pics of Retail DDR 32MB Radeons, and they are missing it too. I believe it is something only used by AIW, or video in video out boards..

-AMD's are not for the faint of heart... Intels? those are for newbies :eek:)-

G

Thank you guys ... now i know what i want ... the Raedon with 32 MB DDR Ram *thanx*