Panda ActiveScanPro problems

I've just bought and paid for Panda ActiveScanPro. Their web page
says that Internet Explorer 5.0 or better is "recommended".

My IE6.0 has been hi-jacked, which is one of the reasons I bought this
product.

When I try to use my other browsers - Avant 10.0, Netscape 8, or
Firefox 1.0.4, their web site will not accept my user name and
password that it gave me.

With each, a pop-up come back to tell me that this "browser is not
supported, use only Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater."

This is no time to be told that I must use only IE when it is
hi-jacked, I can't use it, am forced to use another browser.

I can't uninstall IE6, and if I download IE6Setup.EXE, it refuses to
reinstall IE6 because it finds it already installed.

My emails to Panda go unanswered. I can't use IE. Am I dead in
the water? Even after paying for Panda's ActiveScanPro?

Thoughts of others?

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
WinXP_Home_SP2

The below link will assist you in checking your system for parasites:-
http://aumha.org/a/noads.htm

Please note that some malware may kill the internet connection when it is
removed, the program on the link below will enable you to regain the internet
connection.
http://www.cexx.org/lspfix.htm

Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by third-party software
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;827315

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/default.mspx
Fight Spyware – articles by Microsoft

Spyware Programs links:-
www.lavasoftusa.com Ad-Aware
www.security.kolla.de Spybot

SpywareBlaster

Dealing with Unwanted Spyware, Parasites, Toolbars and Search Engines
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 04:45:39 GMT, Terry Smythe <smythe@shaw.ca> wrote:

>I've just bought and paid for Panda ActiveScanPro. Their web page
>says that Internet Explorer 5.0 or better is "recommended".
>
>My IE6.0 has been hi-jacked, which is one of the reasons I bought this
>product.
>
>When I try to use my other browsers - Avant 10.0, Netscape 8, or
>Firefox 1.0.4, their web site will not accept my user name and
>password that it gave me.
>
>With each, a pop-up come back to tell me that this "browser is not
>supported, use only Internet Explorer 5.0 or greater."

Finally got a response to my English language message to Panda, but it
is in Spanish. No help at all.

Panda's Virtual Store is totally in English, no hint that the product
is Spanish.

Panda's web site, not accessible off their Virtual Store, is totally
in Spanish, no English language clickable capability. They make it
easy for you to buy it in English, but thereafter Spanish only.
Sounds like a rip-off to me. They've got my money and I can't use
the product.

Anybody else have problems with Panda?

Regards,

Terry Smythe
Winnipeg, Canada
WinXP_Home_SP2
Stuck with a useless Internet Explorer I can't use, can't uninstall,
and can't reinstall..... :-(