how do i copy a program to a cd

Greetings All!! I'm a newbie and so thankful I found this site. Anyway,
I had a
program, CCTRAX (It is the ABSOLUTE best program for keeping track of
credit cards purchases and payments) It's out of date so I can't get
another. Now here's my problem: I had it on both laptops, then decided
to make one for my boyfriends c cards. Evidentally I ended up losing
ALL of MY info. So, all I want to do is copy my original CCTRAX from
one laptop to another. I did try, but had nothing but trouble. so
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help?? How, exactly, do I copy a
program to a CD and then install the program on the CD onto another
computer????? Any help whatsoever will be GREATLY appreciated.
Gbabe99@aol.com

--
gbabe
1 answer Last reply

    "gbabe" <gbabe.1s59po@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

    > Greetings All!! I'm a newbie and so thankful I found this site. Anyway,
    > I had a
    > program, CCTRAX (It is the ABSOLUTE best program for keeping track of
    > credit cards purchases and payments) It's out of date so I can't get
    > another. Now here's my problem: I had it on both laptops, then decided
    > to make one for my boyfriends c cards. Evidentally I ended up losing
    > ALL of MY info. So, all I want to do is copy my original CCTRAX from
    > one laptop to another. I did try, but had nothing but trouble. so
    > PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help?? How, exactly, do I copy a
    > program to a CD and then install the program on the CD onto another
    > computer????? Any help whatsoever will be GREATLY appreciated.
    > Gbabe99@aol.com
    >

    > --
    > gbabe

    You can't!

    When a program is compiled and an installation routine written for that
    program, it places files in the destination folder, and also places files in
    other folders such as the Windows folder or the System32 folder. It also
    makes entries into the Windows registry and registers any .dll files and
    runtime routines that are required by the program. None of these actions
    will occur if you copy only the files in the installation folder.

    You will require the original installation program in order to use the
    program you mentioned (or any program for that matter).

    Bobby

CD-Rom Windows XP