sam15 Wrote:
> i cannot right click on anything on my taskbar, it's annoying. can
> somebody give me a link to a fix or something. i cannot click on a
> window and go 'close' even. it's so annoying. if you can help, you
> rule. thanks.
the only ones that i can click on are thing on the 'quick launch' apart
from that, i cannot right mouse click on the tastbar. i can also click
on the start menu though. i need help desperatly. thanks.

--
sam15

Open Regedit.exe and navigate to:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
and
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]

Delete the "NoTrayContextMenu" value in both the locations.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"sam15" <sam15.1s59pu@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> sam15 Wrote:
>> i cannot right click on anything on my taskbar, it's annoying. can
>> somebody give me a link to a fix or something. i cannot click on a
>> window and go 'close' even. it's so annoying. if you can help, you
>> rule. thanks.
> the only ones that i can click on are thing on the 'quick launch' apart
> from that, i cannot right mouse click on the tastbar. i can also click
> on the start menu though. i need help desperatly. thanks.
>

> --
> sam15

Sam15, instead of you messing with the registry, try this program I have
included in the attachment. It solves various kinds of problems with
taskbar including right-click disabling/enabling. I think it should
work.

|Filename: TaskbarRepairToolPlus!.zip |
|Download: http://www.pcbanter.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=2539 |

Madboy